Tall heads vs regular heads

gumhead

I used to do it, but decided super sixtys were big enough, they hold about 450 27mm/850 ct per head, if they sell $200 just in those two heads, i wanna collect it, plus the coins stack too much and jam the mechs

Hello,

Does anyone use the tall Northwestern 80 series for 1 inch capsules/gum rather than the shorter 60 series? What are the advantages?

I ran one for about six months before I converted it up to a 2" machine again. It came to me set up for 1" when I bought it, so I just ran it as-is initially until I could get parts for the 2" again. In a very-high capacity location I can see it being very beneficial as you can fit a LOT of caps into one of them. However, like Toad said, you will start to get coins stacking up and jamming before too long, which would make your service cycles shorter to compensate.

I think Hillbilly does. It's not a bad idea especially for a mystery mix.

Yeah I run some.  I only have 1 GB location.  It does about $100 a month. I usually stick these in locations that need a  longer service cycle on them. No problems with the gumball wheel. There is a problem vending toys though.  The hole in the 1" capsule wheel is not directly over the hole.  Its closer to the inside of the machine and vending any self vend mix is a disaster as the toy will hit the bottom of the hopper and not vend correctly.

The wheels are hard to find. Gumball and Capsule that is.  I have plenty of candy wheels if anybody needs any. A&A no longer sells them. Northwestern only buying new.

Archived