Vendstar route

evolution84

Hey guys I seen a local guy is selling his route. I've been doin honor boxes for a while now and they've been pretty good to me so thought maybe getting into bulk.. Now from what i've seen on here I hear vendstars are not good machines but price seems pretty low to get started guess the guy is moving out of state so just want to sell it off instead of trying to move it all. So he has 45 triple head vendstars all placed and selling peanut m&ms,hot tamales, and mike and ikes. Hes asking 2k for everything plus a vending machine.. He says he runs the route every 5 weeks and collects between  $500-600. Just would like to see what your guys experience is on something like this if its a good deal or not... 

Considering the volume of machines, the odds of there being even one "good" spot in his route is pretty low. The equipment is junk for the most part, so there's nothing tangible in the deal worth getting into either. I would keep looking, or build a route starter myself.

I have met a LOT of guys who were selling out "turnkey" operations with "terrific ROI!" or something like that. If they are selling out, the route has something seriously wrong with it- profitable routes don't get sold too often. Whenever you're looking at a "distressed" route for sale, always assume the intake is exaggerated, the operating expenses are downplayed, and the machine condition is "poor" at best unless proven otherwise. The few times I've ever taken over a route, I did it to take over the few "good" spots in the mix- usually junking a lot of equipment and bad spots in the process. Really consider what you are taking on before you make any moves on full routes- if there's ever an investment that could sink your business, a route buy is it.

What ever you do, good luck!

Archived