bottlers

TKK

So i spoke to a coke guy about being an FLO. seemed pretty simple. However, .38c for cans of coke? Thats a ton! I mean sams has them from .25 through .32 max. I just landed another huge act with 300 employees they had 4 soda and 2 snack service twice a week. I was thinking of starting to finance the new usi machines at 3500 a pop for the black diamond series and maybe trying like 3 coke owned and one of mine to offer pepsi etc. What sucks is they had .85c pricing on all snacks and cans at .60c and i had to match it. The coke guy said that in order to stay with their gold pricing, you just need 5 cases of drinks quarterly for like waters etc and 5 core products. That seems low thats like 240 drinks every 3 months lol. Anyone have this?

Sounds like a decent deal. The USI price sounds good. Is that with coin mech and validator? Also be careful with any bottler machines many are refurbished. Techs are inexperienced and when they can't fix it they trade them out and then the refurb center don't know or don't care that there was a previous problem. Make sure you check them out good. Make sure STS is set correctly shims rods. Royals make sure drop sensors are working correctly. Rods set for correct package, Cooling working with no noise ETC. Glassfronts only BevMax 4. Vendo 721 only. BevMax 4 with the red control board can be switched to Pepsi or generic programing by moving the wires on the dongle. Does away with that stupid coke programing with the password. It has to be the red control board.

So i spoke to a coke guy about being an FLO. seemed pretty simple. However, .38c for cans of coke? Thats a ton! I mean sams has them from .25 through .32 max. I just landed another huge act with 300 employees they had 4 soda and 2 snack service twice a week. I was thinking of starting to finance the new usi machines at 3500 a pop for the black diamond series and maybe trying like 3 coke owned and one of mine to offer pepsi etc. What sucks is they had .85c pricing on all snacks and cans at .60c and i had to match it. The coke guy said that in order to stay with their gold pricing, you just need 5 cases of drinks quarterly for like waters etc and 5 core products. That seems low thats like 240 drinks every 3 months lol. Anyone have this?

At 60 cents a soda, I'd let them keep that account.  I don't care how many people are there, you'll be working pretty hard for not much money especially if you go the bottler route.

I'm a FLO with Coke and I like it.  Product is delivered and never have to work on machines. Techs in my area are great and on the few times I've needed them have always gotten to my problem by the next day, sometimes same day. Also, they always say to call them if you have a problem and they can help you on-the-spot.  If you count the time to pick up product and fix machines I bet the Coke deal is not all that bad.  Remember you are paying for things you don't have to do.  Also, the machines are top notch.

I'm trying to get a Pepsi account now so I can offer a site one or the other.  Or, if larger, both.

Yeah, if the bottler is good like rexlex is talking about, it's a good deal. Here, I don't think coke leases anymore equipment. They aren't necessarily picking machines up, but they aren't leasing them out either, so come isn't an option. Pepsi still leases machines but I believe you usually need to do your own repairs. I think you can get parts from Pepsi but even that can be difficult. 7up is my favorite bottler here. They don't do repairs but they will exchange parts. Almost all of my non-cola flavors (lemon-lime, orange, fruit punch, etc..) Are 7up products. About the only coke\pepsi items I carry are coke, Pepsi, dew, and Dr. Pepper in both regular and diet. Almost everything else is 7up.

Yea sounds like what peps offered me here in ky they wanted 9.30 a case of cans but the 20oz bottles I could get for .77 which isn't to bad

90% of the time get them on sale at wolly world for 3.00 a 12 pack which is .25 a can which isn't bad.

• 2 weeks later...

so I just signed up with coke and am going to try them out for 2 locations. which of these do you guys use, recommend, or advise against??

dn 3000

dn 3800

rv v500

rvcc550 6

rvcc804ko

dn720p

for fridges

gdm26

gdm 49

gdm 41

so I just signed up with coke and am going to try them out for 2 locations. which of these do you guys use, recommend, or advise against??

dn 3000

dn 3800

rv v500

rvcc550 6

rvcc804ko

dn720p

for fridges

gdm26

gdm 49

gdm 41

The 804 is the best choice hands down - once you go Royal, you'll be spoiled for life  ;D  ;D  ;D

The rep i know from coke that does repairs said the royal glassfront is junk

The Vision Vendor 500 is a hell of a lot better than the Vendo Vue.  I own one but they can be temperamental and really don't hold much especially compared to that 804 they're offering you.

Stay away from the DN P series. Nothing but headaches and most are retrofitted older models with that board. Royals are OK not real big on the Vision but the Vue is well lets says not very good.

Can't go wrong on True coolers. They are built good and they are the only one that uses a reversing condenser fan motor. Keeps that condenser clean. 

Dixie 3800 = Bevmax4 if it is new and cost you the same it is a no-brainer  as a glass front will sell 20% more product in most locations.

If used it would depend on the quality of the refurbishing work.

Walta

Some bottler’s service is great and some are bad. Some take weeks to show up and do a good job. And some could not fix their way out of a paper bag with a pair of scissors.

Walta

Im a FLO with both Coke and Pepsi.  I prefer the royals over dixie narco all day long.  Pepsi products are cheaper then coke products but the service with coke is so much better.  I use to use coke techs for all my service calls but I asked questions and learned how to all my repairs.  I would prefer to do my repairs on the spot so I very seldom need a coke tech but if I do I call my old tech, who lives 8 hours away due to a job promotion with coke, and he can tell me exactly whats wrong.  I have a 4 hour turn around with all my accounts for service calls and I believe that is the reason for getting so many referrals and building my business to 302 accounts with 454 machines in under 3 years in Texas  before I sold it.  Someone else mentioned the sensor on the royals, I had my guys check the sensors every 6 months because the little screw always seemed to move a hair which can cause the chute to keep spitting out drinks.  :(  If any one has any tech questions on the royals feel free to ask, as for the dixie narco which is what pepsi uses I'm still learning on those.

Archived