Chicken from Hell!

PerformaVending

I was perusing Craigslist today, and meandered into the Arcade section. Never know what you'll find in there. Then I ran across THIS. What is THAT? I know there have been a LOT of strange chicken machines made in the past, but... the glass coffin for the Family Guy Chicken takes the cake for me. Anyone have any ideas about this one? I reached out to the seller via email as I'd love to know more about this crazy thing! I'll post a reply if I get one. I can only imagine the story behind this thing.

3149af5730c799497f2b977c58c003d6.png

6b460d803b45ff70e483873af4c4f5e6.png

8e4a8e1309137f2a40cc05877061288a.png

Seriously, what is that!?!

Nice find!

I'm no expert but it looks home made to me. That thing belongs in the vending oddities museum. Creepy.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Have seen or heard from Frank in awhile..My money says he got a new job in vending and thats him in the chicken suit

Glenn that's so nice that you miss me!!

What have you been up to Frank?

I heard a rumor that he was going to buy out toy and joy and bring back their awesome particle board cabnet machines and mechanical chickens,

I heard a rumor that he was going to buy out toy and joy and bring back their awesome particle board cabnet machines and mechanical chickens,

Not a bad idea, I sure hope it catches on as well as the All American (Chinese) Chicken Machine did.

I think there was a story about it in his monthly newsletter. By the way, that reminds me, did you know he knew Rodger Foltz? And that Frank only uses the best spider rings and plastic flys in their eggs? Lol

I contacted the guy stating I was interested in the machine, both for the history of it, but also with the possibility to buy if the price is right. I don't have a ton of storage space now, but I can envision a way that I could gut the unit, put a really cool Halloween costumed dummy (or two) in there, and set it up for 2" premium caps at $1 a piece. There's a hayride place not too far from here that I could see being interested in something like that if there were means to toughen it up for being 'kinda' outside.

Anyway, here's what I got back from him:

46b78881ab67201aa4cd1c4816c09ea0.png

I'm really considering going up there with the camera in the next week to get a better look at this thing. It's like an hour away from me, and it's perfect for the book I've been thinking of writing if I ever get around to it. I'll keep you all posted on what I wind up doing!

Archived