Location Pictures

BaneTrain

Thank you! The White NW's look really sharp, they stand out! You definitely need to get some! I will be posting more pics especially when I get my triples setup! Question to the Red one in the Tattoo shop Performa, have you ever asked a location owner about switching out a candy for a cheaper one like Skittles when they are the ones who picked out the candy? I am thinking of changing out the Reese's Pieces to Skittles just to have another popular candy that isn't chocolate and is cheaper but he chose RP and PMM's for the machine. All I can do is ask. thankfully he is a really nice guy. 

Thank you! The White NW's look really sharp, they stand out! You definitely need to get some! I will be posting more pics especially when I get my triples setup! Question to the Red one in the Tattoo shop Performa, have you ever asked a location owner about switching out a candy for a cheaper one like Skittles when they are the ones who picked out the candy? I am thinking of changing out the Reese's Pieces to Skittles just to have another popular candy that isn't chocolate and is cheaper but he chose RP and PMM's for the machine. All I can do is ask. thankfully he is a really nice guy.

I can answer that one Bane...if a customer wants peanut type of candy.(Reese's pieces and peanut m&ms) don't upset the apple cart. As long as the product is moving and their happy..then even if it doesn't make sense to you.(I have the same things at a few of my customers) they love it..that's all that matters..then when sales drop off on one of them,them switch one out.

One I have to switch out probably next month..would be chocolate raisins...and it will be upsetting...but I always reassure them it will return in the fall.

I was going to wait a couple months and see which one is moving slower than the other than make a suggestion but not going to make a hasty decision. I have never seen chocolate raisins out but sounds like a good product if you have the right place! I feel like the candy in mine is for him because he has a sweet tooth for it but I could be wrong haha. 

I was going to wait a couple months and see which one is moving slower than the other than make a suggestion but not going to make a hasty decision. I have never seen chocolate raisins out but sounds like a good product if you have the right place! I feel like the candy in mine is for him because he has a sweet tooth for it but I could be wrong haha.

Yeah chocolate raisins came with the route I bought. I don't like to change things if their moving,but in this case..they might be melting..and that would be nasty.

I'm still curious about those nursing homes though.I would even venture in buying a pop and snack machine for placement if that's what they would need...but I would like to place the rest of my vendstars(about 5 more)

Did your doubles,already have that type of stand? Or did you have to buy a piece for it (a plate) to customize it that way?

Yeah chocolate raisins came with the route I bought. I don't like to change things if their moving,but in this case..they might be melting..and that would be nasty.

I'm still curious about those nursing homes though.I would even venture in buying a pop and snack machine for placement if that's what they would need...but I would like to place the rest of my vendstars(about 5 more)

Did your doubles,already have that type of stand? Or did you have to buy a piece for it (a plate) to customize it that way?

Some did but others I had to buy or get from my friend. I like the one inch stands with the black double plate, they look sharp.

Also, do you like vendstars? I know people like them or hate them but I didn't know anyone using them until you. 

They make me money! I hate the top locks. If you ever decide to buy any. Get them used,unless you're buying them in a route. Get them cheap. Try to find them at 10 dollars,and no higher than 50 dollars.

If you buy them...replace the top locks with new ones from snack attack. The old locks become weird in color,and if you put a wrench up to them to tighten,they literally crack in half.

Do you ever have trouble with the mechs or it not properly vending? Basically a lot of service calls and down time. I probably wouldn't spend more than $20 on one. 

If a location requests a product, there's usually a reason. So long as it's selling, keep stocking it- as it's probably helping you hold the spot. In these situations, I try to add more machines that will offset what could be seen as more expensive. Keep an eye on your COGS too- with RP's there's not much left on the bone for you, and you don't want to make your cut any smaller.

Vendstars are the ugly duckling of the vending world- they're not particularly attractive, they aren't particularly durable, and their offerings are restrictive at best. However, as a starter machine they're simple enough for a beginner to learn the ropes on, easy to keep clean and stocked- very easy to switch things around if you've got a few canisters lying around, and best of all they're pretty much everywhere for not a lot of money. Search Craigslist under "vending" "Vending Machine" and "candy machine"- those are the three they lurk under the most around here. Just bear in mind that cheap and easy as they are, you can't really build a successful route on Vendstars alone- and they can't be upgraded to more powerful setups should you need it.

Good Luck!

I pulled this one out of the TVF gallery as I don't have my flash drive handy (so this picture is older than dirt, sorry!), but here's something you might want to look at someday if you like your NW rigs:

med_gallery_4211_38_33296.jpg

This is a Northwestern 60 gumball machine with the round globe. A&A and Northwestern sell the conversion parts, and they come in a bunch of different sizes. The stand it's on was a custom stand made of plywood that I painted black way back when I bought it at a garage sale- though any old pipe stand will do though. These things will sell gum and BB's really well in my experience- and make for a really attractive that is pretty easy to locate as both a standalone unit, and as an "add-on" to a location that's got a bit more space to shore up for yourself. ;)

If a location requests a product, there's usually a reason. So long as it's selling, keep stocking it- as it's probably helping you hold the spot. In these situations, I try to add more machines that will offset what could be seen as more expensive. Keep an eye on your COGS too- with RP's there's not much left on the bone for you, and you don't want to make your cut any smaller.

Vendstars are the ugly duckling of the vending world- they're not particularly attractive, they aren't particularly durable, and their offerings are restrictive at best. However, as a starter machine they're simple enough for a beginner to learn the ropes on, easy to keep clean and stocked- very easy to switch things around if you've got a few canisters lying around, and best of all they're pretty much everywhere for not a lot of money. Search Craigslist under "vending" "Vending Machine" and "candy machine"- those are the three they lurk under the most around here. Just bear in mind that cheap and easy as they are, you can't really build a successful route on Vendstars alone- and they can't be upgraded to more powerful setups should you need it.

Good Luck!

The candy is selling but not at the rate where I can make something before I think the candy will go bad. I'm not sure what another machine would be I could add? It's not a huge tattoo parlor. Those are the reasons I haven't gotten into them. I love my NW's, they are easy to work on, modify and they look sharp!

I pulled this one out of the TVF gallery as I don't have my flash drive handy (so this picture is older than dirt, sorry!), but here's something you might want to look at someday if you like your NW rigs:

med_gallery_4211_38_33296.jpg

This is a Northwestern 60 gumball machine with the round globe. A&A and Northwestern sell the conversion parts, and they come in a bunch of different sizes. The stand it's on was a custom stand made of plywood that I painted black way back when I bought it at a garage sale- though any old pipe stand will do though. These things will sell gum and BB's really well in my experience- and make for a really attractive that is pretty easy to locate as both a standalone unit, and as an "add-on" to a location that's got a bit more space to shore up for yourself. ;)

I have never seen one modified with a round globe, that;s pretty awesome! You did a really good job with that! I'm hoping to finish refurbishing some machines I bought so next week I'll have my first bouncy ball location on a triple!

Bane, Those white machines look awfully familiar!  LOL

Lol, I wonder who they came from???  ;D  ;D

Archived