Seaga combo leaks

Hi, I have 2 seaga vc630 combo machines, the seal on the door of the refrigeration section especially in the left lower corner does not seal well. This is due to the motors that extend out too far, this creates condensation and then leaks on the floor. Both machines are in a non air conditioned enviornment, would this happen as much in an airconditioned space?

Thanks

If the motors are interfering with the sealing of the door then something is wrong with your product rack. If it was handled rough before, like moving the machine with soda in it, then the rack might be bent and distorted or it may have come loose from the cabinet. You need to address that issue so the door will close and seal properly. Check also for a bent door that isn't flush to the front of the cabinet.

It looks like both machines motors kinda interfere with the door, the foam on the door has the impression of the motors. 1 machine is almost brand new although used(less than $600 total sales) the other is 3 years old or so. I will certainly have a look at the rack, is there something that woukd make it obvious that it is not seated right? If the door is warped, is it possible to starighten it easily? Just don't want to ruin the machines.

Thanks

Thanks guys for the replies, i had a look at the machine and what i thought was leaking from the lower corner is actually coming from the pick up door (can't think of the name at the moment)

The inside rack looks good so maybe if i add a seal around the door? The location is not air conditioned so when hot and humid, the condensation forms.

Thanks again for the information, this is a great forum with a lot of great info.

Don't add any weatherseal to the delivery door or it will hold the door open.  If you have condensation on it then you have very high humidity in the building and there's not much to do about it. 

Hahha yeah you are probably right RJT but they are inexpensive, not too much to invest in as a first machine just to get your feet wet and feel out the business. Loving it by the way.

I seem to hear that all the time "get your feet wet". Not sure why people want to "get their feet wet" with bad equipment and low performing accounts. 

I hope you get it figured out.

If you insist on using a combo or must use one then stick to Automatic Products or Crane/National machines. They are the better value and easiest to find and to use. The AP machines are simpler due to their use of only one circuit board vs National machines with multiple circuit boards.

These combos are cans-only which give you maximum product capacity. If you need to provide bottles then an AMS, late model USI narrow pair or a DN Bevmax Entray machine will work.

Which brand of combo machine would you recommend? Maybe something with greater capacity than a seaga?

The advice is greatly appreciated.

I would not recommend any combo machine unless you are putting it in a satellite location in a large account or you are the owner of the business it is going in. The only other way I would even consider doing a combo machine would be the account is close by and convenient to service, has size restraints that do not allow for full size machines and it still does the volume to justify putting vending in the location in the first place. 

If all those requirements are met then like AZVendor said it would be either a AMS, Crane, or USI. 

Everything is close by, the city is not very big about 40000, 15 minutes to get across town. The locations are mechanics garages, high traffic plus employees but, the lobby is not very big, unfortunately it has to be a combo. If I have to go once a week or 2, not a big deal. I also have a candy machine there that does awesome.

Everything is close by, the city is not very big about 40000, 15 minutes to get across town. The locations are mechanics garages, high traffic plus employees but, the lobby is not very big, unfortunately it has to be a combo. If I have to go once a week or 2, not a big deal. I also have a candy machine there that does awesome.

So what kind of revenue does it do per week not counting the candy machine? 

I have only refilled snacks so far, I count the money once a month. 1 of the machines has only been on location for a week and a half. The other has been on location for 2 months, sales on that one is barely $50/week which is why I will be relocating it. The business was supposed to get a boost on customers which never panned out for him.

The large employers are already taken by the only big vendor here, therefore it is more difficult to find a good location for snack/drink machines.

I have only refilled snacks so far, I count the money once a month. 1 of the machines has only been on location for a week and a half. The other has been on location for 2 months, sales on that one is barely $50/week which is why I will be relocating it. The business was supposed to get a boost on customers which never panned out for him.

The large employers are already taken by the only big vendor here, therefore it is more difficult to find a good location for snack/drink machines.

All accounts that are worthy of vending is going to be taken by another vending company. You have to be able to go after these accounts and get them from the existing companies. 

The idea that you are going to find accounts without vending and they are going to do well is rarely going to happen. 

How much should one make from a location that has 10 employees, people in and out all day, and people waiting?

I would never do an account like that in the first place because it will 95% of the time not generate enough income to justify vending by a vending company. You will hear many arguments about what the "magic number" is as far a revenue per location needed. My rule of thumb and advice is $100 per machine per week AVERAGE. I mean you may have some machines that do less than $100 per week but others that do over $100 per week to create a $100 per week per machine average. If you do not have this average you will end up in a situation where you will be very hard pressed to make a living in vending. You will never get to the point of being able to hire route drivers and staff to help you with your business. You will be the guy running the truck everyday and one disaster from loosing your business. What I mean is you have to create enough revenue to be able to pay someone and also enough profit to pay yourself for owning the business. If not all it would take is a broken leg, stroke, heart attack, cancer, heck even a case of the flu could cause you to not be able to run your route and you would loose accounts. You have to get to that level or have a serious backup plan in case of an emergency that would put you off the route for an extended amount of time. That could be a brother, wife, friend, neighbor, etc that not only you trust but they are willing to be trained and actually do the route in a fill in bases till you can get back doing it. 

Without that $100 per week per machine average you will be hard pressed to get to the point of being able to hire someone and pay yourself also.

Like I said before you have to go after the good accounts and get them for yourself not try and depend on these locations that don't have vending. They dont have vending for a reason and thats because they dont do enough revenue to make it worth doing.   

I would never do an account like that in the first place because it will 95% of the time not generate enough income to justify vending by a vending company. You will hear many arguments about what the "magic number" is as far a revenue per location needed. My rule of thumb and advice is $100 per machine per week AVERAGE. I mean you may have some machines that do less than $100 per week but others that do over $100 per week to create a $100 per week per machine average. If you do not have this average you will end up in a situation where you will be very hard pressed to make a living in vending. You will never get to the point of being able to hire route drivers and staff to help you with your business. You will be the guy running the truck everyday and one disaster from loosing your business. What I mean is you have to create enough revenue to be able to pay someone and also enough profit to pay yourself for owning the business. If not all it would take is a broken leg, stroke, heart attack, cancer, heck even a case of the flu could cause you to not be able to run your route and you would loose accounts. You have to get to that level or have a serious backup plan in case of an emergency that would put you off the route for an extended amount of time. That could be a brother, wife, friend, neighbor, etc that not only you trust but they are willing to be trained and actually do the route in a fill in bases till you can get back doing it. 

Without that $100 per week per machine average you will be hard pressed to get to the point of being able to hire someone and pay yourself also.

Like I said before you have to go after the good accounts and get them for yourself not try and depend on these locations that don't have vending. They dont have vending for a reason and thats because they dont do enough revenue to make it worth doing.   

Amen

If you have a machine doing $50 a week, that generally is acceptable to EVEN large companies in California.  I can give you a list of 20 plus vendors that would jump for joy getting that much out of a drink let alone a combo.  

Be sure the machine is level.  Sometimes that can throw that door out of whack.  I realize on this forum there seems to be a negative feeling about the need for combo's especially those poorly made which should be avoided. Lots of new stuff on the market with great designs that work very well in the right places.

Good luck on your business.

If you have a machine doing $50 a week, that generally is acceptable to EVEN large companies in California.  I can give you a list of 20 plus vendors that would jump for joy getting that much out of a drink let alone a combo.  

Be sure the machine is level.  Sometimes that can throw that door out of whack.  I realize on this forum there seems to be a negative feeling about the need for combo's especially those poorly made which should be avoided. Lots of new stuff on the market with great designs that work very well in the right places.

Good luck on your business.

I agree it is not top or mid line, but still collects the same money as any machine out there, if I had a high use location I would definitely not put a seaga combo. This is just a side business for me not my bread and butter, for now I am content with 2 combos and 8 candy machines.

Archived