DN II 348/414 soda machine

nrod7

I had to replace a 1/4 turn locking stem on the t-handle with a full threaded stem ( and spring kit) because the 1/4 turn was worn

and no longer locking the door tight enough.   I don't think that I put the hardware on the new stem correctly.  The t-handle should

pop out at least past the lip of the coin drop slot.  Today, I had to use a screwdriver and a pair of channel locks to clear the coin

drop lip.  I need instructions on the proper way the t-handle should be assembled.  The mount is on the machine.  It has cause me

enough grief in this Texas heat.  Help!!!!

nrod7

With the threaded stud engaged in the end of the T-handle with the retaining pin, the order of parts for inside the flange is this: on the stud working away from the end of the T-handle you should have a coiled spring, then a retaining ring in the first slot away from the T-handle (applying pressure against the spring), then a hex brass washer against the retaining ring.  You will slide this assembly into the face of the T-handle flange so the brass hex washer is against the back inside edge of the flange.  Now on the threaded stud end: against the outside end of the flange you'll place another coiled spring, then a solid washer then a retaining ring into a slot that requires you to compress the spring so that you can get the retaining ring into it's slot.  This should then give you enough spring pressure inside the flange to hold the T-handle away from the flange and coin insert assembly the entire time you are turning it.  You'll then have to press the T-handle into the flange to seat it and lock it.  If there's no pressure to push against or to hold the T-handle away from the door then there's a problem with the way you assembled the inside parts or with the parts themselves.

Thanks AZ,  This Is the only machine with any issues for closing and opening.  I have spare studs, they vary in the length of the neck( where retaining pin is inserted)  the number of grooves for the retaining ring.  Do you know what the length of the stud should be?  What is the best lubricant to use on the stud and door assembly?

Respectfully,

nrod7

Archived