Gumballs at Sam's club

Candy Kevin

Was sad today went to Sam's club to stock up and saw that they were empty. Asked a manager when they would get more. He said they were discontinuing them...and something about most likely the company is repackaging them,( and will be back later) or Sam's will get a different brand. Either way I'm stuck for a few months till that happens. Anyone know where I can get gumballs that cheap online? Sam's had them for $14.01 for 850 ct.

Where are you located? I pay 20.16 for a case. I noticed the last time I was in Sam's that they did not have Skittles anymore and they had stopped carrying Reeces pieces some time ago.  I am wondering if it's worth renewing my membership if they are not going to have the product I need.

My Sam's here has gum for right around $20 a case, and they've always got that in stock. Everything else is a gamble- though they usually have Skittles.

The next cheapest place to get them, aside from another "club" store, would be to order them from Sam's or another supplier to your door- but at those prices I'm not sure that it's worth it anymore.

I'd say use "site-to-store" but that's been such an abysmal mess every time I've tried to use it, so I can't say I recommend it.

My Sams does a decent job of keeping gum and skittles stocked. There is another one only like 10 minutes away, so if one is out I bounce to the other one.

Costco and Sam's are discontinuing the skittles from the places I called.

Sam's online and local Costco.

They may just be revamping the bag.

I sure hope that's the case.

Me too! But that's what they said. Now, I remember about 8 years ago they did that with the Mike and Ikes and it was just to introduce the 4.5lb bag from the 5.

Me too! But that's what they said. Now, I remember about 8 years ago they did that with the Mike and Ikes and it was just to introduce the 4.5lb bag from the 5.

Ah, the old "Half the value at twice the price!" game. Can't wait... ;D

Thanks for the info though man!

Ah, the old "Half the value at twice the price!" game. Can't wait... ;D

Thanks for the info though man!

That was Sam's online (they said that's why they don't ship on line any more), and the costco was my local one. Typically they are followed by the bigger ones with in a couple months. Mine has 126 bags a few days ago, I'm going to buy a few cases.

I buy seedlings gumballs and rascals candy on samsclub.com but I have to pay shipping of $8-$10. On the side if the blue box of gumballs they used to sell, it showed all of the different gumballs you can order from Sam's club and it says to ask a store clerk. So, yesterday I went to Sam's, I got this particular manager to come to the service desk and he couldn't order them through "special order". so he calls HQ, or somebody and they told him that he as a manager has to do a "Merchant Restock Request" which entails him emailing his buyer and requesting these items. So he emailed the buyer while I was standing there and says he will call me when he hears back from the buyer. He said this is the old way they had to special order items. I just wrote this to save anyone some time if you try to order gumballs at Sam's to have them shipped there. I am spending 30% of my product cost just on shipping, so I'm willing to spend a little time hanging out with the manager at the service desk until they get it figured out. I'll post any details of the results I get. If anyone here knows how there Sam's club orders this, please let me know and I'll put the local manager here in touch with your local Sam's club.

I buy seedlings gumballs and rascals candy on samsclub.com but I have to pay shipping of $8-$10. On the side if the blue box of gumballs they used to sell, it showed all of the different gumballs you can order from Sam's club and it says to ask a store clerk. So, yesterday I went to Sam's, I got this particular manager to come to the service desk and he couldn't order them through "special order". so he calls HQ, or somebody and they told him that he as a manager has to do a "Merchant Restock Request" which entails him emailing his buyer and requesting these items. So he emailed the buyer while I was standing there and says he will call me when he hears back from the buyer. He said this is the old way they had to special order items. I just wrote this to save anyone some time if you try to order gumballs at Sam's to have them shipped there. I am spending 30% of my product cost just on shipping, so I'm willing to spend a little time hanging out with the manager at the service desk until they get it figured out. I'll post any details of the results I get. If anyone here knows how there Sam's club orders this, please let me know and I'll put the local manager here in touch with your local Sam's club.

In like 05 or 06 they had a recall on the gb at Sams. You could order their other gb but the ones we buy in the blue box. I went to the customer service desk, and ordered a slew of gb from their cpu. They gave me a print out. In 5 to 7 days they had the gb at the front of the store in a flat bed cart. Shipping was free. It was really easy. That was several years ago, so maybe their policy are different now. Please keep us updated. I will talk to my Sams too because I need to find a cheap hard pressed candy.

• 3 months later...

I just cancelled my SamsClub membership.  I used them just for the gumballs, and right after I joined, they discontinued them in the store.  My first purchase was an 850 count for $18.  Now to get them from samsclub.com its $21.xx plus $6.00 shipping.  So I would be paying $27 for a box that I got in the store last month for $18.

Samsclub gave me a full refund, so I am ok with them for that.  But now I have to find a place to buy 1" gumballs.

Anyone have a lead?

Thanks

I just cancelled my SamsClub membership.  I used them just for the gumballs, and right after I joined, they discontinued them in the store.  My first purchase was an 850 count for $18.  Now to get them from samsclub.com its $21.xx plus $6.00 shipping.  So I would be paying $27 for a box that I got in the store last month for $18.

Samsclub gave me a full refund, so I am ok with them for that.  But now I have to find a place to buy 1" gumballs.

Anyone have a lead?

Thanks

Anyone have a lead?

Thanks

If you have a Costco near you, I would check there.

I just cancelled my SamsClub membership. I used them just for the gumballs, and right after I joined, they discontinued them in the store. My first purchase was an 850 count for $18. Now to get them from samsclub.com its $21.xx plus $6.00 shipping. So I would be paying $27 for a box that I got in the store last month for $18.

Samsclub gave me a full refund, so I am ok with them for that. But now I have to find a place to buy 1" gumballs.

Anyone have a lead?

Thanks

You can ship to your local club free

If you have a Costco near you, I would check there.

You can but its a pain. And their is a min order

Well, they lost my sales and membership. I'll just find them somewhere else I guess

The problem is finding them cheaper in smaller quantities. When you figure shipping it's not very cheap. That was probably the best deal you'll find when you figure shipping. 

When the shipping goes down is when you can order 50 cases or so. A partial pallet maybe, but from what I've found, if you ship, it costs

Was sad today went to Sam's club to stock up and saw that they were empty. Asked a manager when they would get more. He said they were discontinuing them...and something about most likely the company is repackaging them,( and will be back later) or Sam's will get a different brand. Either way I'm stuck for a few months till that happens. Anyone know where I can get gumballs that cheap online? Sam's had them for $14.01 for 850 ct.

A&A Global has the ZED gumballs.  You get 50 free ones with each case so that compensates for the shipping costs.

Archived