6th and 7th locations, learning some things...

AMD Snacks

So today I located my 6th and 7th locations (muffler shop and used car dealership) and i'm noticing a trend at least in my area. Maybe it's not normal, but i've noticed check cashing places, hair solons (not barbershops tho), insurance places and big named restaurants don't seem to pan out for candy bulk vending. Maybe some of the more experienced guys can correct me if i'm wrong here.

Overall though I have to say it's not so bad self locating. I've been at it about 3 weeks, get about a locating every two hours (I only go out for two hours at a time between 10:00am and noon) I don't have a special pitch, I basically wear the shirt and hat for the charity i'm partnered with, ask if I can place a machine there to help support the charity, and show a picture, works pretty good so far. I also made some business cards with my name and number which is helping me keep up with all the "the owners not here try back later" places I get. And finally i've given up on prejudging a place, even if it looks like they wont take it or be interested I try and i've had some good success. Hope maybe these things can help anyone else starting out to keep going too. :)

Thanks for all the help from you experienced guys who give us noobs great pointers  ;D

This is the biggest scam! So you are wearing the charitys logo on yoir hat and shirt in order to mislead the decision makers into believing you are with the charity?

I assure you it's not a scam. The charity is the one who sold me the shirt and hat, they also sell the stickers and booklets.. are you not familiar with charity vending programs?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

@Bouncy balls I do mention that. That's actually all I say, that I'm helping the charity, and they only get a portion of the profit. I'm confused a lot of people here have charity stickers, are they not even mentioning the charity?

I assure you it's not a scam. The charity is the one who sold me the shirt and hat, they also sell the stickers and booklets.. are you not familiar with charity vending programs?

Unless you are telling the locations that you personally own the machines and only pay the charity one dollar a month then the location is being mislead, especially with your tshirt and hat that has their logo on it. SCAM

Unless you are telling the locations that you personally own the machines and only pay the charity one dollar a month then the location is being mislead, especially with your tshirt and hat that has their logo on it. SCAM

"A portion of the profit" is sneaky and misleading. They would say no if you told them that the charity only gets maximum one dollar a month, and the rest goes in your pocket.

Now i'm glad i posted this. Help me out here nick, because i'm still starting out. I read a book on bulk vending, which is what got me started. He mentions to link with a charity to avoid commission. So I called a charity, the lady was really nice, helped me set up an account, and suggested the lanyard, shirt, brochures  and hat. We even had a long discussion about how their shirt company is having issues and what not. I didn't buy the lanyard, but I got the shirt and hat. 

They didn't arrive for a while and i placed my first 4 locations with only stickers. The hat and shirt just help them see the charity as more legit in my mind. I even had my 3rd guy grill me on how he knew I was really helping the charity just based on a sticker. 

I've never told a location I'm part of the charity, I tell them i'm selling candy, and this sticker promotes the charity and helps them out. I'm not trying to fool anyone, but let me know if i'm doing something wrong or illegal. or more specifically what is wrong with it. Thanks

Also Nick the thread http://vendiscuss.net/index.php?/topic/4440-locating-scripts-objections-rebuttals-success/ is where I saw that you should emphasize the charity you're helping more than yourself or your company. I'm genuinely asking for your help and advice, i'd hate to get really going and find out i've been doing something wrong from the start. Thanks 

You should see if they have charity slacks to wear with that shirt!! You would get even more locations in my opinion.

lol I can't tell if you're being facetious, sarcastic or what. Honestly a month ago I never heard of bulk vending, now I'm determined to use it as a side business. I don't need a shirt, or pants, or hat to place machines, my honest method is just to take all the rejections, smooth my approach and keep going until someone says yes. I could not even mention the charity at all if it would make you happy. 

Seems like a lot of you don't like the shirt idea. Point (though delivered obscurely) noted. This site is to empower though guys, just tell me what's what or what you think. They offered me a shirt, seemed like a good idea, looks nice and presentable, so I went with it. You could still tell me what you think about the big named restaurants and chains and nail salons.  ;D

You should see if they have charity slacks to wear with that shirt!! You would get even more locations in my opinion.

So none of you that have made comments to this guy have charity machines?  Seems like this man is honestly asking for guidance and all you can do is be sarcastic.  If you don't agree with what he is doing, then tell him why.   I can assure you solojay, there are others on this forum who are helpful.  I am sorry for this.  Why don't you call your charity and ask them their advice and thoughts? You might get a more straightforward response.

So none of you that have made comments to this guy have charity machines?  Seems like this man is honestly asking for guidance and all you can do is be sarcastic.  If you don't agree with what he is doing, then tell him why.   I can assure you solojay, there are others on this forum who are helpful.  I am sorry for this.  Why don't you call your charity and ask them their advice and thoughts? You might get a more straightforward response.

Thanks, yea after all this I'll probably do some research on the subject, it's all new so learning one day at at time.  ^_^

All the information he needs is on this forum. It's been hashed out over and over again. Steve doesn't like it when I beat dead horses.

And yet you didn't mention any other threads this whole time. You've been unhelpful. 

Search.....search....and search more!!!!!

Yea I'm going to look into it today, I have been reading all the beginner's guides on here though, maybe they should add that point to the sticky, I'm sure I won't be the last person to try that approach and not see a warning about it first.

It's better to search by typing the website in then hit the space bar and what your looking for in the search bar at the top of your page. It's all about opinions and different ways your working. 

I can't tell you how helpful that search advice was, I'm finding much more older but still useful threads this way. I'll end this all on a positive note, since that's how I felt when I started this topic..

I see some new guys posting about their experiences which have motivated me to believe there's still locations to be found. All in all that's my experience too, just keep looking and don't let the rejections get you discouraged [emoji1]

I can't tell you how helpful that search advice was, I'm finding much more older but still useful threads this way. I'll end this all on a positive note, since that's how I felt when I started this topic..

I see some new guys posting about their experiences which have motivated me to believe there's still locations to be found. All in all that's my experience too, just keep looking and don't let the rejections get you discouraged [emoji1]

The only way your positive mood can change is if you allow it to.

This is a little off topic but I have to throw in my .02

There is no difference between a charity spot and a commission spot. Some think that the charity approach is a ripoff or scam because the business owner may think that the charity is getting all the money.  The same can go for commission as well.  The owner may think they are getting a certain percentage of profits and they are not. The vending operator may tell the location they are getting 50% when actually they are not. Just 50% of the profit or closer to 25-30 %.  Or the operator shorts the commission by 5-10 %.

No difference in my opinion and yes, I have both type of locations. Either is fine with me.  I know how much I give the charity in a years time and I can sleep at night.  Same goes for my commission spots.

solojay- Either way is fine.

I stopped doing charity last year. I had too many potential locations try to turn me down because they were having a hard time paying their bills and felt robbed that I was giving money to a charity and not to them. I locate strictly on commission now. I've kept my old charity locations as charity, but I am no longer locating charity any more.

I stopped doing charity last year. I had too many potential locations try to turn me down because they were having a hard time paying their bills and felt robbed that I was giving money to a charity and not to them. I locate strictly on commission now. I've kept my old charity locations as charity, but I am no longer locating charity any more.

Do you do bulk candy triples on commission? Or you talking about something bigger?

Archived