Fireworks Shops

Workman Vending

Effective July 1, 2015, the State of Georgia finally realized that it could keep a lot of money from flowing out of our economy into our neighboring states by legalizing the sale and use of consumer-grade fireworks.   So slowly, fireworks shops are starting to pop up around the state,   presenting fresh opportunities to place machines.

Do any of you have machines located in fireworks shops?  Do they do any good?  What do you vend?

I had a triple in a "seasonal" (from May through early September) fireworks shop on the Interstate for a spell in 2013. It did "okay", but nothing more than what you'd get in your average break-room. I got the spot from LRU, but lost it when the old owners sold it to new owners, and the new ones didn't want me back. As it was just a triple, I wasn't too broken up about it.

I imagine it really depends on where it's at- a spot on the Interstate like I had behaves more like a gas station/travel plaza than anything else- whereas a firework spot not on a highway might behave entirely different.

Archived