Question: Vending Machines adapt to their products?

Dorseys Vending LLC

Like, what kind of machine? Most electronic snack machines can be adjusted to vend other products, but that depends on the make/model/etc. If you're talking some of the specialty chip machines, or mechanical units, the odds are that they are not going to be adjusted easily, if at all.

What are you trying to vend? We can probably help you better from there.

Like, what kind of machine? Most electronic snack machines can be adjusted to vend other products, but that depends on the make/model/etc. If you're talking some of the specialty chip machines, or mechanical units, the odds are that they are not going to be adjusted easily, if at all.

What are you trying to vend? We can probably help you better from there.

Hi

thank you for the response. It was a general question and I dont have a machine in mind. I am new to the field. But say if I want to sell dvds, flip flops, or even makeup lol.

whats the difference in mechanical and electronic vending machines??? (plz excuse my ignorance)

Hey, everyone starts somewhere!

The big thing to look at is what you want to sell, the price-points you need, and the SIZE of the product. While you "can" sell most items out of the average snack machine, some have technical limits of what price points they can go to, what bill acceptors/validators can be used, credit card systems, etc. Likewise, some machines aren't "big" enough to fit everything. Selling Flip Flops out of the average snack unit would be a squeeze for sure.

An electronic machine is any machine that you have to plug into the wall to get it to function. There are tons of manufacturers, and they come in tons of shapes and sizes. Here's a pic of one I pulled off the web.

uploads2011-04-19-2030715415358.jpg

The next one is "mechanical" which do not use electronic systems to vend. They have mechanical coin mechanisms that accept physical coins. Here's a picture of a Seaga model.

95.jpg

They are pretty much all junk, with endless mechanical problems- usually jams or theft, as they are supremely easy to break. Ask anyone here, and they will steer you well away from anything mechanical. Be aware of what they are, so you can better avoid them.

If you want to sell DVD's, you might also consider some redemption/arcade setups too. Here's a picture of a MovieStop machine, which sells DVDs and like-sized items as prizes. Just one example- there are lots of machines like that.

3433_movie-stop-redemption.jpg

Welcome to the business sir! If you've got questions, we'll be happy to help. Good luck on your vending endeavor.

Archived