websites

PHX1

I was wondering if any anyone has had experience having a website that generates calls or interest in your vending business? Has anyone used add words or google ads to drive traffic to the page?

I was wondering if any anyone has had experience having a website that generates calls or interest in your vending business? Has anyone used add words or google ads to drive traffic to the page?

I have used a website for years along with yellow page ads back in the day when people used the yellow pages book and 98% of the accounts I got we got was done the old fashion way by knocking on doors. I cant think of a decent account that has ever called from the website or ad we posted. It might have happen but none sticks out right now. Usually the calls I field from the website is low volume accounts looking for vending. However I always recommend having a website this day and time but I wouldn't depend on it to drive much business your way. I am not saying it will not work at all but I have had limited success with web based business. 

You can go online and list your business for free in the whit and yellow pages for your area.  

I have used a website for years along with yellow page ads back in the day when people used the yellow pages book and 98% of the accounts I got we got was done the old fashion way by knocking on doors. I cant think of a decent account that has ever called from the website or ad we posted. It might have happen but none sticks out right now. Usually the calls I field from the website is low volume accounts looking for vending. However I always recommend having a website this day and time but I wouldn't depend on it to drive much business your way. I am not saying it will not work at all but I have had limited success with web based business. 

You can go online and list your business for free in the whit and yellow pages for your area.  

But if you are looking to go for companies with 150 plus employees , do people have success in just walking door to door to these kind of companies.Most of them don't even allow to meet unless prior appointment is taken.

I have not seen/heard much success using inbound marketing either.

But if you are looking to go for companies with 150 plus employees , do people have success in just walking door to door to these kind of companies.Most of them don't even allow to meet unless prior appointment is taken.

I have not seen/heard much success using inbound marketing either.

Yes, that is how these accounts are gotten, going in and doing a cold call. That is the base of how the sales process is started with these companies. You have to find out who the decision maker is first and that is done by "knocking on their door" and finding out from the gate keeper. 

You are correct doing phone calls utilizing inbound marketing is very tough way to get the larger accounts but it can work with limited success with the larger accounts but again physically calling on them is the chosen and best method.  

Yes, that is how these accounts are gotten, going in and doing a cold call. That is the base of how the sales process is started with these companies. You have to find out who the decision maker is first and that is done by "knocking on their door" and finding out from the gate keeper. 

You are correct doing phone calls utilizing inbound marketing is very tough way to get the larger accounts but it can work with limited success with the larger accounts but again physically calling on them is the chosen and best method.  

What is normal time from first visit to closing the deal (getting permission) to install machine for these types of accounts.if there are couple of layers of decision makers in these companies after getting past the door keeper.

What is normal time from first visit to closing the deal (getting permission) to install machine for these types of accounts.if there are couple of layers of decision makers in these companies after getting past the door keeper.

It varies, can happen in 30 to 60 days or up to a year or more. I have called on accounts for up to 10 years before I was ever allowed to get in and talk with a decision maker. It really depends on their current vending situation and what else they have going on at the time. They could be happy and under contract with their current vendor to "I am glad you stopped by I am not happy with our current vending company". 

Each company and each situation can be different and the time frame can vary from account to account and situation to situation. 

The key is knowing the who, what, when, and where, of the sales process to get the account. The other thing is not getting discouraged and keeping at it. Like I said I have called on companies as long as 10 years before I ever was able to get to someone. One of these companies after 10 years I finally got to talk to someone and look at their vending and in the end I didn't propose it because I didn't think it made sense to me based on what they currently had and their "request" and demands in order to get their business. 

Our website is very professional I think we have the best site in our area, however the website doesn't drive our sales most locations from the website we turn down. The best way to get a new location is "cold calling" 3 to 5 visits to get the location on average it can take six months sometimes more or less. Hope this is helpful.

I have a basic, almost plain text, single page website and it has generated more business that I would have ever imagined.  And I threw it together in about 20 minutes.

It mainly depends on your location though...  Lucky for me, I am the only vending machine guy in town.

Archived