FSI / USI 3014A Snack Issue

RFVending

I have a FSI 3014A snack machine that for some reason has killed two validators it seems.  One day it worked and accepted bills without issue... About two days later the validator no longer accepted any bills.  They won't even fully go into the validator.  It pulls it in just far enough to grab it then spits it back out.  This started with a BA32F 24v with the serial harness and I assumed the validator just got dirty or was worn out and replaced it with a new 117v harness and a BA30B.  At this point it worked fine and I ran probably $20 through it.  Now about a week or so later it's back to the same thing again with the new validator... Only takes the bill far enough to hit the belt and then returns it immediately.

Anyone have a clue what is going on here? 

Both are faulty validators. I would bet that your BA 30 wasn't a rebuilt unit or not rebuilt professionally. As long as a validator tries to take a bill then the coin mech and logic board are enabling the validator. If it never tries to take a bill into a properly built validator then you could look at other reasons besides a bad validator such as a bad coin tube sensor, bad harness or bad logic board.

If you need a properly rebuilt unit you can email me at rbepic4gatgmaildotcom.

The BA30 was a brand new pro rebuilt.  It worked perfect when I installed it and took bills all day long and registered the credit.  Few days later it won't even attempt to accept the bill.  It rejects the $1 as if you are trying to put in a $5 or whatever bill when you have them disabled.  It detects you putting it in but as soon as the bill hits the belt it rejects it immediately. 

Since it's under warranty as I just got it they are bringing me a new one Monday and we'll see how that goes along with a replacement for the BA32.  Just baffles me that two different validators started doing the exact same thing in that particular machine when they worked fine to begin with.

It may seem like there is a common reason for this happening to two validators but unless there is someone messing with them and putting foreign substances into them the issues are probably just coincidental.  There is also a possibility of low voltage to the machine that is causing the validator transports to run too slow and then reject the bills.  You would need to check the voltage at the wall to ensure it's above 105v.

I don't believe it is a voltage issue.  I pulled it out of the machine and brought it back to my shop and bench tested it and tried it (the BA30) in both an MDB machine and single price.  Both resulted in the same thing.  Even tried the BA32 hooked up MDB and wouldn't work at all.  When I replace it Monday I will check all voltages and make sure the transformer is supplying correct voltage as well.

Check to make sure your validator harness is fully seated on the board.  I had a very similar problem on an identical machine.  I found the validator harness was not seated properly in the middle, but was well seated at the ends. (It's a long pin connector)

The BA30 was a brand new pro rebuilt.  It worked perfect when I installed it and took bills all day long and registered the credit.  Few days later it won't even attempt to accept the bill.  It rejects the $1 as if you are trying to put in a $5 or whatever bill when you have them disabled.  It detects you putting it in but as soon as the bill hits the belt it rejects it immediately. 

Since it's under warranty as I just got it they are bringing me a new one Monday and we'll see how that goes along with a replacement for the BA32.  Just baffles me that two different validators started doing the exact same thing in that particular machine when they worked fine to begin with.

That's a common issue with the Coinco BA series. The BA30 hasn't been manufactured in at least 10 years.

Archived