Vending at Bait Shops

BaneTrain

So I posted an ad on a local Facebook yard sale group and after a couple hours got a message from a lady who owns a bait shop and paid lake. She said I could put a couple of my machines in there if I wanted to. I wish this was in April and not September as the fishing season would start to get into full swing.She said they are open year round but business slacks off in November. This would be my furthest location by far and I would only check on it every 3 months or so. Has anyone ever had a machine in a bait shop? Also, if you wanted to you could vend fish food like you see at attractions with lakes. I did put I would workout a percentage with owner but she never asked about that. If I decided to do it, I hope it would be a freebie. Maybe I could put my first rack there? Lol

Bait shops are, as you already know, seasonal. That means that your summer months really carry the unit, and candy sales are going to be your best option- a toy rack isn't going to move nearly as well, if at all in some cases. Were it me, I'd put in a double, or a heavier triple- like a Routemaster or a Seaga TV3K so I could run gum in the center, and candy on the sides. Avoid chocolate products, as they have the shortest shelf life, and are most affected by heat/cold.

For a location like that, I'd donate a portion to charity and tag the machine as a charity machine- that'll leave more meat on the bone for you, but you're still giving something back to the community. That'll also keep out any other charity ops running comparable gear.

Whatever you choose to do, good luck!

I think if you put toys in there, it'd do ok. It would do best in the summer though. I looked at their Facebook page and there are a lot of kids who fish there. I agree though gumballs would probably do the best but you never know. Maybe I could donate part to the Department of Natural Resources or some Fish Conservation group of some charity that get kids involved in outdoor activities. Thanks Performa I appreciate it! If it stays there through fall and winter I think Spring/Summer would make it all worthwhile!

• 3 months later...

Archived