Vending this way

maestro489

I have a few accounts where the vending machines are down a back hall where customers wouldn't see them. Have you ever asked the business if it would be ok to have a sign in the lobby indicating that there is vending in the back? And if so did it help.? Right now I feel like only the workers are eating out of the machines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a few accounts where the vending machines are down a back hall where customers wouldn't see them. Have you ever asked the business if it would be ok to have a sign in the lobby indicating that there is vending in the back? And if so did it help.? Right now I feel like only the workers are eating out of the machines.

Yes, ask to put up a sign. 

It's a vets office so yes the public uses the hallway but only after they are called back. However once you walk through the door the machines are just to the right in plain view. I don't think they would mind if clients went back to get a snack while they waited.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's a vets office so yes the public uses the hallway but only after they are called back. However once you walk through the door the machines are just to the right in plain view. I don't think they would mind if clients went back to get a snack while they waited.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You might do well with some pet snacks in there too.

I have drink and snack and its low volume. However it's 24/7 so it should be way better. In order to increase volume I want to do the sign and add a pet treat or two.

Here is the thing, IMO machines should not be here in the first place in this kind of account. A sign may or may not work, also they might not want people in the waiting area with food. My vet does not allow it because of dogs causing problems with possibly begging, jumping on people or even attacking over a food crumb that someone dropped on the floor. It has been documented many times  a year some kid drops a food item on the floor like a  cookie and goes to pick it up and gets dog bit. Probably the #1 cause of pets biting owners or others is over food. My wife's sister still has a scar on her face from this same thing happen when she was a kid with their family dog.  

Even if they would let you put up the sign and allow it they still may not allow the dog treats to be placed in a machine used for vending snacks. Also you run the risk of some kid going to buy something and think its a human treat and try eating it.  What can I say some people do not watch their kids like they should. 

My suggestion is find you a better location for these two machines and move on. 

Archived