Carousel Machines

ranamae

I'm sure this has been answered but I had no luck finding it. Are the small Carousel machines on the decorative looking black stands any good? What would you pay for one used if you're just starting?

Thanks!

Most are free spin. Any that aren't can be made so with a good twist of the wrist- they were made more for decoration than even for light home use. On a route, barring the absolute gentlest location, it would be broken, broken into, or outright destroyed within a week.

I get them every now and again when I pick up "lots" of machines where they're included with "real" equipment, and I can't speak for anyone else here, but I just flip em' locally. You can get $20+ out of one in better shape.

I've toyed with using a Carousel stand in the past for a single, but it's so narrow I really worry about whatever is on top getting knocked over.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

What about the stand for them? Has anyone used the stands with other brand units? I can find the stands used online a lot easier than other types of stands and they look better too. Maybe a flange screwed onto the threaded upright pipe then bolted to the unit.

I tried the stand it's junk, the pipe loosened up in base & would not stay tight, if you tighten it more it strips the threads in the thin wall pipe. Don't waste your time. Lots of real stands out their that work.