Capsule toys from 80s and 90s

ranamae

Wow- did you pick those up from another vendor, or from a time machine? Those are fantastic! Thanks for posting!

While we're sharing old toys... here's an old display of mine from 1998 that I got in a machine I bought from an old operators storage. Tamogatchi toys and Tiny Toons! Doesn't date it at all I'm sure. ;D

e20be1debccd79767c3c8a494e65acce.png

There used to be a member here who collected old capsule toys. He had quite a substantial collection but I don't remember who it was.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Was that Lurtz? I think he had a stash of them at one point, but my search is coming up empty. Must be using the wrong search terms.

Was that Lurtz? I think he had a stash of them at one point, but my search is coming up empty. Must be using the wrong search terms.

Yeah I think your'e right.  His name was lurtsman.  He sold his route and moved. He was going for his masters in economics I believe.  I have his number if you need it.

Yeah I think your'e right.  His name was lurtsman.  He sold his route and moved. He was going for his masters in economics I believe.  I have his number if you need it.

It looks like he hasn't been on the site for over a year. If anyone keeps in touch and he still collects I'd be happy to throw some his way.

Great score!! I've had my eye open for stuff like this since I started vending, but have had no such luck finding any deadstock like this!

Lead paint aside, people always love a good blast of nostalgia. I've been running ebay'd Garbage Pail Kids cards from the 80's in a couple of my flat machines for the past year or more and those columns always empty out fastest.

Great score!! I've had my eye open for stuff like this since I started vending, but have had no such luck finding any deadstock like this!

Lead paint aside, people always love a good blast of nostalgia. I've been running ebay'd Garbage Pail Kids cards from the 80's in a couple of my flat machines for the past year or more and those columns always empty out fastest.

Yeah I saw the ad on Craigslist by chance. No answer. Then I saw them post it on ebay and messaged them through there. Got around 2,500 of mostly 2".

Nice! I plan on putting vintage Marvel, DC, and Star Wars cards in my flat machine.

He's out in Colorado I think- I know I've got his email buried here somewhere too. Very knowledgeable guy, wish he was still in the biz.

Archived