Transporting racks long distance

TWvend

Before I try it......... and run into a problem the hard way I figured I'd ask the veterans here as I've seen some of them posting having locations far away. I have a location 3 hours away I'd like to install a 5 way rack. How do you go about it? Do you assemble and fill  it ,or do you transport it then assemble and fill it on location? I don't like the idea screwing around assembling & filling at the location especially new and something may not be right. Plus , my luck  , I always have the location that just cant let you alone doing your thing they have to have their nose in what your doing. I have a Dodge mini van it will lay down in easily, but I don't want to mess things up. It is way to far to run a truck or cube van for 1 rack/location.

If it was me I would put the 1" machines on and fill and leave the 2" machines off but prep and fill them (less to tote in when you get there), now you can haul standing if you want.

I don't have room in my van to haul one laying without removing a ton of stuff so I guess I should have asked is your van already full of product or are you starting off with it empty?

Thanks for the reply, guys. I wont have a whole lot of other stuff loaded , plan on traveling light. I do like the idea of leaving the 2 " off and standing it up. I'm thinking now with your suggestion of possibly mounting the 2 " bases , and adding the rest on arrival. Great idea , thank you !

Thanks for the reply, guys. I wont have a whole lot of other stuff loaded , plan on traveling light. I do like the idea of leaving the 2 " off and standing it up. I'm thinking now with your suggestion of possibly mounting the 2 " bases , and adding the rest on arrival. Great idea , thank you !

This means leaving the center rods off and I like the center rod at a certain height so lids are secure but I'm not standing there all day turning a lock. For me it's quicker to affix the base to the bracket with 2 bolts then to install center rods and have to adjust, check and adjust, check.

Archived