All 2" Racks?

RikaKazak

I just landed a new location for a rack, and was about to place my standard order (sticker and 2" up top, 3 1" at the bottom)...but I was thinking, is it possible to do a 2" rack only?  Example: Sticker and 2" up top, and then two 2" on the bottom?

Do they make a stand that can fit that set up?  Anyone ever done it?

Just thought I'd ask before I place my order this week.  Thanks guys :D

All two inch sucks. Go heavy on one inch

Is the price too high or something?  All my 2" crushes my 1" in regards to sales.  2" NFL buildable helmets, 2" zombies, and 2" mini flashlights are my top 3 sellers....(and not only does my 2" cost twice as much usually...$1 vs. 50...but it sells more units per day).

Is that just because I'm small and have a small sample size?  Do I need to be running better 1"?

Two inch sells great, but the problem is some of the best 2" products seem to weigh a TON! Dollar toys are a gamble when it comes to rotation. That and having 2" on the front shelf is going to require much smaller 2" cabs, with much lower capacities and service cycles, which was my ultimate turnoff to the setup.

Hi RikaKazak,

Beaver Machine makes racks that can hold machines for 2 inch on the top and bottom. You can find info about this stand at http://beavervending.com/experienced-buyers/product/bs800/. If you have any questions, or would like to place an order, please call 1-800-265-6772 or email sales@beavervending.com.

when selling 1.00 items its best to sell items that would normally sell at .50. The amount of these products that are available now vs years past are much lower. When first rolling out dollar vends you could buy nice items such as large figurines that filled the whole cap for around 30 a case. And these items sold well. Nick Jr comes to mind as a very good one. As well as the Dora ceramic tea set. There were others but those two stand out. Now for the same type of items that fill the cap and imply value to the customer it will cost 50 plus a case many in the mid sixties. IMO I rather sell the lower cost items at .75.

Freight has more than tripled in the past 10 years.

Bouncyballs , yes , it must be an area thing. There is a major vending co around here, they have all the grocery chains, big box stores, theaters , etc   &  they are .75 on 2" ,  most 1" at .25 with a few 1" at .50 here n there. I have tried string dolls, NFL helmets, & zombie homies at 1.00 in a bowling center and at 1.00 things just will not move around here. How can anyone think things WOULD move at 1.00 with the big vending co's selling 1.00 items at .75?

I am selling Mega Splat for $1, blowing out at every location. Just got a call today that a 2" was empty!!! Just 4 weeks.

Mega Splat from Flatline is my best seller.  The displays are awesome. I even sell the regular sticky with it just mix it in.

I am selling Mega Splat for $1, blowing out at every location. Just got a call today that a 2" was empty!!! Just 4 weeks.

That's a perfect example of what I was talking about. That mix is nothing more than small to medium sticky with a handful of leaders mixed in. The display is great. Years back you could spend the same 37 and every cap had a large sticky in it that filled the whole cap. That was when guys including me jumped on dollar vends. Now trying to get the same buck with smaller items is harder. Back then you would blow out every head not just the bowling alley. Many of the products offered for sale to operators today 50cent one inch are quarter vends at best.

My best 2" items at a dollar are the aforementioned splat items (only at certain stops though, I can't seem to coax a dollar out of all of them) and Yo-Yo balls. A&A's 'yoyoc' product is really nice, and has been selling reliably for me for years, literally. I've had equal, if not better success with AllStar's yo-yo mix (as they've got the flashing ones) but I haven't been able to catch them when they're in stock for a while now.

I've heard some guys get away with selling some of the self-vend 2" plastic balls at $.75-$1, but I figure that's gotta be some licensed mix that they buy in bulk.

Good luck!

Archived