Best price on skittles?

Candyguy

Best price on skittles is from Mars direct 

minimum order is 1-2 pallets

56 lb boxes  x 40 boxes  at about   $4800 dollars shipped each pallet..

Ohh? cant use that much... then go to sam's club... Costco... or wholesaler and pay the $8-$10.00 a 50 oz bag..

other than buying 2240 lbs. at a time the answer is no.. you may find them a $1.00 -$2.00 bag price difference  that's it.

this has been answered 100s of times over the years on this forum..  unless you route is the main source of 500 heads vending just skittles. the pallet option is not for you.

Vend enough that you feel is fair for $.25 cents or $.50 cents 

usually 1/2  oz.   

Here is the formula I use for my candy...I went to a major quick stop in the area the machine is in (like a Loves country store) and bought a 2.17oz bag  of skittles and divided the amount paid by average vend i am aiming for (.25 in this case). For example, if i paid 1.00 and counted 48 skittles in that bag  then i split the bag into 4's and see how much is in each pile. ...48 divided by 4= 12 in each pile so I vend 12 in each...If the price goes up to 1.25 in major quick stop then that puts the vend at 9.6 skittles per vend. Look at local business and see what they are charging and use that formula (not a Walmart we cant compete with those prices) That way if people ask about the amount I vend I can tell them its the same as going to their local quick stop but its split into .25 cent value. Sams has them at 54 oz bag for (estimate 7 dollars) that puts total money made around $24.88 -7(paid for bag)=17.88 profit per bag. (my math might be off but you get the general idea) With all that being said the short answer for skittles on average is 12 for my area.

If that is truly what mars direct charges, then Sam's is even cheaper. At 56 pound boxes on 40 box pallets at $4800, you are paying over 13 cents per ounce. A 54 ounce bag at Sam's for +/-$7 is 12 cents per ounce. I realize that Billnuts was joking, but you have to realize that myself and everyone else in her are calculating per ounce prices on candy all the time. I walk around Sam's and Wal-Mart with my cell phone calculator just figuring out candy prices to make sure I always have the best price.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived