Give me your thoughts on this small route

Candyguy

Hi guys,

Just wanted to get your opinions and input on this route someone has for sale.  10 machines all located in restaurants.  Equipment is Vendstar 3000 and Rhino(I know, not the best).Says the route is mostly the Vendstar 3000's with a few single gumball heads.    Vends Skittles, gum, m&m's, and peanut M&Ms.  Claims the route makes 10K per year a little more or a little less.  Those numbers sound a little inflated to me.  Thoughts?

im sure people with a lot more experience than myself will chime in, but my .02 is that sounds pretty high. I mean, my math, though there is a big chance its wrong, comes out to $83 each a month on average. but, since there are a few single gb in there, that (in my experience) would mean the triples would have to be making close to $100 a month. not to say thats impossible, but... personally, id take that estimated number with a spoonful of salt. 

Again, just my experience, but ive seen very very few $100 a month locations. But, one of those locations was a mint box that cost me about $27 out the door, so, anything is possible in this business  ;D ! 

thought id add this for fun

http://vendiscuss.net/index.php?/topic/14782-u-have-100-locations/

The guy's numbers are bogus, don't base anything you do on them. I generally pay $50-70 per Vendstar on location. Last Thursday I bought 7 Vendstars on location for $450, paying at the high end of that range because they were in an area we have trouble locating in.

Yea, I recently paid $1200 for 9 1800 triples, 5 buzz bites, and 8 singles all in good locations plus they were not serviced for 2 months or longer. So I only ended up paying $800 after collection. His numbers sound way too high, as does the asking price.

I agree Bravo. Worse is he's asking $2000 for the route. It's a good area but it still seems hard to justify even giving half that.

The guy I bought my route from had put an ad in Craigslist about a month earlier with a price of $1000, I offered $400, he came back at $500 and we met in the middle at $450. Just because someone starts out crazy doesn't mean they will end up there.

If you want the route then offer near what it is worth to YOU, and when he comes back with his counter-offer then you will see where you actually stand. You may be miles apart or you may be close to a deal. You won't know until you try.

When somebody gives "funny" numbers for their machines, ask to see their records, but also what was reported to the IRS. Most likely he would balk at "showing you his tax return" but only because the numbers aren't true.

Hi guys,

Just wanted to get your opinions and input on this route someone has for sale. 10 machines all located in restaurants. Equipment is Vendstar 3000 and Rhino(I know, not the best).Says the route is mostly the Vendstar 3000's with a few single gumball heads. Vends Skittles, gum, m&m's, and peanut M&Ms. Claims the route makes 10K per year a little more or a little less. Those numbers sound a little inflated to me. Thoughts?

I own a poop load of vendstars....im not making 10k a year.... I must be doing something wrong!

Sent from my Z987 using Tapatalk

The rats here where I live enjoy the Vendstars. They gnaw into the cheaply made machines and I love seeing that next to my machines when I go in to check mine, ha ha ha! Nothing like rat teeth marks on machines.

I've heard of this, but I've never actually seen it myself- thankfully.

I usually have the person go empty the machine with me. First before you tell them you want to do this ask them when was the last time they ran the route. Then you can see the real numbers. I'll bet it's no more than 12 dollars per location.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I usually have the person go empty the machine with me. First before you tell them you want to do this ask them when was the last time they ran the route. Then you can see the real numbers. I'll bet it's no more than 12 dollars per location.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like this thinking. I'm guessing he probably decline to take me right away.

Archived