Weird smaller than average flat machine?

ReillyNoFun

Yesterday I went on a bit of a craigslist spree and picked up a couple Beavers and a flat machine. When I got them home and did some measuring I realized that the columns in the flat machine I got are a little smaller than average. The "normal" sized folders that my other machines take and that are readily available are sized 3" x 4.5" but this machine will only fit folders sized about 2.5" x 3.5". It also has some weird rubber straps in the columns. Does anyone on here have any experience with that?

I did some searching and couldn't really find any info. Do any suppliers sell empty folders that size? or should I head down to a print shop and have them chop down the regular folders I have to fit? I usually fill the folders with my own stickers and tattoos so I'm not overly concerned about not being able to buy stock from suppliers - but I obviously need folders to put my own stock into. I thought it was maybe an LYPC or some kinda import machine but I just found a "Made in Canada" label on the back, so I really have no clue. check the pics.

Any insight you guys could give me about this machine or smaller folders would be much appreciated!

2i7v0v4.jpg

11snud0.jpg

At first glance, I thought it might be a TNT Blade Runner (HERE) but I see now there's a slight difference between the two. If it's made in Canada though, I'd think AllStar would have either built it, or know who did. They're the only other major vending manufacturer up there besides Beaver, so that narrows it down considerably. If I were you, that's where I'd start for both info and (hopefully) the folders you seek. Good luck!

Hah! how did I know you were going to be the first person to reply to this Performa.
I don't think it's an Allstar- all the machines I've seen from them up here have that big semi-circle sign on top and use 5-coin mechanisms rather than the 4-coin ones on this thing. Definitely looks more like that Blade Runner machine (minus the separate coin drawers) than an allstar but I don't think it's either. I will reach out to Allstar too though in the meantime, I don't know why that didn't occur to me.

Edit: Just looked through the Allstar site again and dang, what do you know, there are the small folders for sale, right in front of my nose. I must have been blind while looking through that last night. duh!!

What do you mean Musser? Cause it's a piece of crap? or am I missing the joke?

You're missing the joke. Musser is implying that this sticker machine can be used as a condom vending machine.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Did some more digging, and yes that looks like it's a stamp machine of some nature. The rubber was to prevent slipping of the smaller folders, or at least as far as I've been able to determine- I've got pictures of a number of old stamp machines, and all the ones I've got pictures of the "guts" have the rubber too.

Found MORE info! So, Selectra corp. didn't pan out so well- and their remaining stocks were bought out by another company, or that's the best I can work out from what limited info I've got on that. I do know where the machines went, at least on the US side of things...

fa2146153bc9c485dd4130cfcdacb09e.png

Take a look at the stand, and compare to Reilly's machine. I'm fairly confident we have a match on this one. B)

Of course, if anyone has more info or questions, feel free to chime in!

If it's on Canadian CL lookalike Kijiji, I'd say we've got a match. Good find Rodney!

288.gif

Archived