Mike & Ike No Longer Sold at Sams

J and T Vending

Here recently within the last month or so, I noticed my local Sams to include online no longer sells Mike & Ike's. They were selling 4.5lb bag for like $7.50. I have been checking around at other stores and online and the price is like $15 which is double the price of what Sams use to sell them for. With this in mind, where are you guys buying your Mike & Ike's?

I've tried pricing them other places. The closest I could get was TJ King. 6 4.5lb bags for $50 plus about another $10 shipping. It comes out to about 12.5 cents/oz at TJ King compared to 10.4 cents at Sams.

My Sams still carries them, thank god, but in the event they stopped I'd probably switch back to wholesale for those. The increase in cost isn't too much (I'd have to run the numbers again to be exact, but last time I checked it was like a nickel difference. The thing I hate is the hassle- the wholesaler I ran with for a long time did everything on hard-copy paper records and forms, and they were anything but efficient. :wacko:

I placed an order with staples yesterday which was about $12.99 per bag and free shipping to the store. I will check into TJ King since that may be my cheapest route at $10 per bag including shipping.

Check Vistar.com If they don't have one by you, then they do have discounted shipping. If you are with in a couple hundred miles you could see if they do delivery's in your area, but that is a 750.00 min and access by a truck. They'll sometimes do it at 500 if it's on the way. Then they only charge you 50 for shipping no matter what the weight.

Smart & Final is another one if you have those over there. AA Global and a few other I can think of. If you're ordering bouncy balls and add the candy it would help absorb the shipping and get it on a pallet. If I remember right you might have enough to do that.

You can also check online at Sams.com or talk to the local sams and have it shipped to store. 

Seems from some of the posts here , and what I've been seeing at my local Sams Club, they are getting rid of products that are not selling well at that specific warehouse. I've seen posts where they don't carry gumballs at some places , while my local warehouse club just got a huge shipment in. They no longer carry Reese's Pieces though. I hear Costco is building near me & I look forward to it happening .

You can contact Just Born directly and they can put you in contact with their sales/marketing people (third party). They may be able to help you find another wholesaler in your area or they can sell to you directly. Only catch about buying from them directly is you need to buy larger quantities to get a decent price.

My Sam's did the same and I recently spoke to the GM about it. He can't put on the shelf (or even carry the SKU) because the home office said he didn't do enough volume; however, he figured out a way to order a pallet and just keep it in his product storage.  I will still be able to buy by the bag.

• 2 weeks later...

I have multiple sams clubs near me, this happens all the time, you end up going to a different club for the different candy selections, just the way it is with them.  Start buying a month supply at a time, that helps save on trips, if you can swing it.

I will checkout my local Costco as well. Seems as if Sams online is not selling them either.

I would check out other sams, even if they are a little ways away. I go to about 3 different sams to get what I need. Just like what has previously been posted. They sometimes discontinue items that are not selling that we'll.

Sent from my Z987 using Tapatalk

I would check out other sams, even if they are a little ways away. I go to about 3 different sams to get what I need. Just like what has previously been posted. They sometimes discontinue items that are not selling that we'll.

Costco is a bit higher than sams. They (sams) are even cheaper than AA global, on Gumballs, banana candy, etc.

Sam's has quit carrying the 4.5lb Mike & Ike's as well as Hot Tamales completely. Can't even get them online from Sam's. Whatever you are seeing on the shelves is going to be it. This info came from Sam's Club and Just Born (manufacturer).

Did they say where they were going to sell them?

Just Born will send you to a third party broker based on your geography. I already had another wholesaler in place so I did not go through the broker that Just Born sent me to. I do have a competitor who goes directly through the broker but he is buying 100 plus cases at a time so it works for him.

Just Born will send you to a third party broker based on your geography. I already had another wholesaler in place so I did not go through the broker that Just Born sent me to. I do have a competitor who goes directly through the broker but he is buying 100 plus cases at a time so it works for him.

You can order about 36 cases ave get free shipping, but that's a chunk at one time. Storage might be an issue.

You can order about 36 cases ave get free shipping, but that's a chunk at one time. Storage might be an issue.

Is that mix/match or is that of one type of candy? I know one wholesaler I had talked to you had to order "each" item in sufficient quantity to get the discount, and you couldn't mix it up.

I don't have a ton of candy machines left out, but even at my candy max a few years back, I can't imagine going through 36 cases of ONE kind of candy before it would get stale. :blink:

Archived