Website Issues

The Mage

There is a problem, possibly with the server, so if you are having issues, it is being worked on.

I personally have not noticed anything with the forums, but I am having issues with the admin side of things.

• 7 months later...

The above forum issue I was talking about was fixed, but I'm still trying to figure out why your's would be centered. I haven't been able to figure that one out, or to see it. I have a profile I use to test the forum, (Named Test,) and tried to set it up with various user profiles, and still haven't see the centering.

And I have noticed double posts and threads being posted twice. 

I am hoping to have the forum upgrade done by the end of the month. I believe this should solve most of the issues people are having. The classified section is the only thing holding that up, but I have been thinking of pushing it through early, and just put a temporary forum up to handle that. The new classified section is coming along quickly though. But that is (unfortunately) out of my hands.

Most of the time I think the double posts happen when people don't notice that either the bar on the top of their reply is still moving or the word "Saving...." is still showing in the bottom border of their post.  If they get impatient and again hit POST that will produce a duplicate or triplicate entry.  I think it's due to server latency or low bandwidth and I see this issue more commonly in the early morning hours.  It could be my internet provider but because I see it at other times of day, too, I think it's server-related.  

The other more common cause is the far-too-many members here who post from their cell phones instead of a computer.  We have more and more members who only use a cell phone.  I don't understand it but it's the way things are moving.  Cell phone service is inherently slow and so people get impatient and end up double posting.  

• 2 weeks later...

I still have problems just trying to read posts, when I click on post it bring me to a bottom of a page of nothing, click on header for beverage and snacks and and it just refreshes the same page.

It's frustrating.

I don't use my cell phone at all, just my desktop or laptop, clear all caches and logged out and everything.

cajun 

I still have problems just trying to read posts, when I click on post it bring me to a bottom of a page of nothing, click on header for beverage and snacks and and it just refreshes the same page.

It's frustrating.

I don't use my cell phone at all, just my desktop or laptop, clear all caches and logged out and everything.

cajun 

This might have something to do with your being 3 feet underwater right now  ;D  ;D  ;D

I'm still trying to find, and see some of these issues. 

But if anyone missed it, I am going to update the site around September 1st. This is a major update, and I believe should take care of many issues.

Unfortunately I am also currently limited on the assistance I can receive from the board until the update.

I'm still trying to find, and see some of these issues. 

But if anyone missed it, I am going to update the site around September 1st. This is a major update, and I believe should take care of many issues.

Unfortunately I am also currently limited on the assistance I can receive from the board until the update.

Don't forget, we have our TVFFF draft on Monday the 5th so just make sure the site is up by then

Don't forget, we have our TVFFF draft on Monday the 5th so just make sure the site is up by then

It's only supposed to take about half an hour. I won't be doing it myself, letting the experts set it up. But while I am trying to hit September 1st, they may end up doing it earlier. I may need to make some adjustments, some, if not all, shouldn't require the site to be taken down.

I am trying to make it correspond with the new classified section, scheduled to be done on September 1st, and it looks to be on track. (The current one isn't compatible with the upgrade.)

Archived