How much would you pay for this rack?

QuikVend

Here's how I'd play it if it were me. Take this with a grain of salt, as I run my operation far more 2" heavy than most, and this is based entirely on how I run my operation.

I'd pitch him $250 cash and I'll haul away. If he wants to heckle, awesome, if not, we part ways and that's the end of it. The 2" cabinets on top are the only machines in this picture worth their salt- those Ashlands on the bottom are plastic junk I'm afraid, and there's not much you can do with them, as the globes will invariably turn yellow at the least opportune time. Could maybe make some beater singles, or flip em' if they're not too worn out, otherwise they're just junk taking up space. My number of $250 is $50 per cabinet (generous for the age and coin mechs) and $50 for the rack. I would not pay more than $350 under any circumstance.

Keep in mind that unless you've got a great location in mind, a 9-way is a beast to store and to locate. I know that much from experience. If you're looking at this as your first rack, I'd advise against it as it's going to be more trouble than it's worth. My 2 cents on this one.

Good luck!

Archived