Sams Club

Workman Vending

Is it normal for Sam's to discontinue/change their 850 count offerings very often?

I need some Berry Blast, and for the quantities that I want, A&A simply wants too much for shipping to Georgia.    I used to be able to get these from Sams but now all they have is 23 mm/1,080 ct.   I now see they're also out of Splat Tie Dye. 

It's also worth noting that neither of the two Sam's Clubs local to me are carrying 850 ct./8 color.

Is there another vendor out there that isn't going to completely hose me up on shipping?  I can order 4 cases of gum from Sam's and have it shipped for under $30.  Everybody else wants upwards of $60 and that simply eats too much of my profits especially since I'm just getting started.

Is it normal for Sam's to discontinue/change their 850 count offerings very often?

I need some Berry Blast, and for the quantities that I want, A&A simply wants too much for shipping to Georgia.    I used to be able to get these from Sams but now all they have is 23 mm/1,080 ct.   I now see they're also out of Splat Tie Dye. 

It's also worth noting that neither of the two Sam's Clubs local to me are carrying 850 ct./8 color.

Is there another vendor out there that isn't going to completely hose me up on shipping?  I can order 4 cases of gum from Sam's and have it shipped for under $30.  Everybody else wants upwards of $60 and that simply eats too much of my profits especially since I'm just getting started.

The big problem with Sam's is that they seem to delight in driving you nuts with all their product change outs.  Just about the time you have your system down, they discontinue something.  I currently have to make strategic stops at three different Sam's just to get what I used to find at one of them, which now carries five different assortments of Oreos for some inane reason

Sams is a double edge sword. If your local sams carries a lot of different products it means there is a customer base to serve. In other words it means you have a lot of competition.

Actually your best case is that Sams carried nothing for bulk vending and YOU are the local operator that has figured out how to bring product in cost effectively.

SAMs is NOT your friend.

Sam's is about the best I think on shipping unless you can find a local warehouse like Vistar or something like that. Why not just get the 1080?

That's what I ended up doing.  Is there any reason why 1080 isn't the standard size we run in our machines instead of 850?

Your Sams carries more than just the plain 850 count? I've never seen any other varieties here outside of special orders. Alas, we're all rather at their mercy when it comes to this sort of thing I'm afraid. :(

Sorry I meant Sams Club online.    All I've ever seen in the local Sam's is 8 color 850 and chickle.   Last time I went, neither of the Sams close to me even had those.

I understand. But ditto for on line, lol, it makes things too easy if you understand what I am getting at. What I have seen is a lot of really bad operators get into the business way too easy and blow up what would have ben good locations for serious operators. And a lot of potential customers just doing it themselves.

I realize we cant turn the clock back and hindsight is 20 20 etc,  But all in all the Corporatization of the nation has not in the long run helped the small business person. It IS the way it IS but before you start in this business you need to look at this trend and ask yourself where the business will be in 20 years.

If bulk vending even exists it sure wont be much.

Sams is a double edge sword. If your local sams carries a lot of different products it means there is a customer base to serve. In other words it means you have a lot of competition.

Actually your best case is that Sams carried nothing for bulk vending and YOU are the local operator that has figured out how to bring product in cost effectively.SAMs is NOT your friend.

Very good point here

Archived