Product For New Location

BaneTrain

So today I got a new location in the city I work in. It is the sanitation plant for the city. I got approval from the Mayor as well as the supervisor (I guess this job is good for something ) lol. I am allowed to put it in their lunch room which is ok, as from what I understand they don't get much walk in traffic (completely understandable). There are 12 guys who work there plus a receptionist. I was thinking of doing a 2 for 25 gumball since there's few people and so they get the best bang for their buck (quarter). If you were me, what would you all put there considering the demographics.

I just thought since it wasn't many people and no walk in traffic it'd get more use as a 2 for 25 since people would perceive it as a better value. I have no competition in this location so that's a plus just didn't want it to be a dud location.

I have to agree, the 2-for-25 wheel is usually reserved for when you're fighting with another operator, at least in my book. While I'm sure the people there would appreciate free gum, bear in mind the "free" comes off of your bottom line.

Good score on that loc though, I never once thought about the sanitation plant as a potential loc. That's using your head and your connections very well! Nice going BaneTrain!

Yeah I wasn't using my head I guess lol. I was just trying to think of a way to better appeal to 13 people but Musser hit it on the head with it being just an impulse buy. Thanks Performa! I honestly wouldn't of thought of it if it wasn't for Hillbilly asking if I had tried the City Garage etc, then I realized I knew someone at the Sanitation plant!

So today I got a new location in the city I work in. It is the sanitation plant for the city. I got approval from the Mayor as well as the supervisor (I guess this job is good for something ) lol. I am allowed to put it in their lunch room which is ok, as from what I understand they don't get much walk in traffic (completely understandable). There are 12 guys who work there plus a receptionist. I was thinking of doing a 2 for 25 gumball since there's few people and so they get the best bang for their buck (quarter). If you were me, what would you all put there considering the demographics.

For what it's worth I currently work in a factory that employees around 1000 people. The bulk vendor in there has about 5 doubles. The only candy he offers are some runts. The rest is all gum. He's a charity vendor. He sell's all varieties. He sells 2 for .25 no idea what kind, also sells 1080 dubble bubble for a dime, and nerds gum for .25 (I've heard many on here sell it for .50). I've often heard what a good value the 2 for .25 is to me it looks like he sell's more of these.

Yeah that's what people might be thinking especially since he has so many selections. You should try and take it over from him! If they don't consider it a conflict of interest.

I would very much like to take it over because I think he does very well there supplying 1000 people. I would like to educate them on how little he actually pays to the charity. Although I'm not sure if I want to educate them that I have a side business and have a plan to leave sometime in the future even if its not for quite awhile yet.

You should educate them and that might get you in the door! Maybe you should offer a slightly larger portion to get an advantage which will in turn cause your sales to go up. These people are also your coworkers so I would trust someone I work with and potentially see everyday over a random Also, you can keep a close eye on the levels and make sure everything is fresh!

Archived