Location At Your Work

BaneTrain

So today I brought in some Dippin Dots Gumballs from A&A (which are awesome by the way) to work so everyone could try them. In the process of giving my boss one she said "Speaking of gumballs, if you have extra machines, why don't you put yours in here and tell the other guy to come pick his up. Yours will be fresher plus it will never be empty." I didn't even go in expecting a location at my work but I got it! Since the Credit Union donates to CMN and Make A Wish, I said I'd work out a percentage to donate and cut the check in October when we send in all donations. I am being generous to my fellow employees since I have to work with them on a daily basis by keeping the gumballs 2 for 25 and putting in runts. Although all the women seem to love just the bananas. I say tough luck and you can eat the other candy pieces along with the bananas since I already bought them. I am sure they'll be ok with this?

My big question is for the ones who aren't full time into vending, do you have a machine at your work? How does it do? If you had one in the past how did it do? Big plus for this one is that it's in the front entrance and not in the lunchroom.Thanks for the input everyone. 

Sounds like a good deal! I've had them at the places I work, but all of those places were golf courses, so not exactly the same thing. :rolleyes:

As for the bananas... if you REALLY want to make their wishes come true... Not sure if it's worth it just for the one spot (though you could extend it to others if you so chose). Entirely up to you though. Good luck!

If I remember reading earlier posts correctly, that's how you got started right, at the golf course you worked at? I'm guessing it did pretty well to go full blown lol. Well, I know they might want them but not everyone likes just bananas. (I honestly think they are one of the worst flavors) lol. They can pick them out and eat the rest, they are just being too picky and probably giving me a hard time. One did say she enjoys the red ones too (Ohh what a joy for me) lol. This will be my first runts head so I am excited to see how it goes! 

P.S. Why do people just like the bananas?! I guess there is a sizeable number since they do make banarama, I believe it's called. 

I had a triple in the shipping office of my last job (I just moved out of state) and it did great, especially since I could keep a close eye on it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

That's awesome! Yeah I figure since I will be seeing it 5 days a week it will do great. I can hear when someone uses while I'm in my office. I'll be saying ca ching everytime I hear it haha.

I put a triple head in my workplace.  It is one of my best locations in terms of sales.  I think this is because I keep the machine serviced, cleaned, and stocked.

Yeah I plan to always have this machine stocked and looking good. Plus my co workers no where the candy is coming from and thankfully have a sweet tooth!

I couldn't do vending at work because of company rules!

cajun

That sucks! I figured that was going to happen to me so I didn't ask but my boss mentioned it on her own. Have you gone back to your work to ask about putting in some machines since you retired?

That's awesome! Yeah I figure since I will be seeing it 5 days a week it will do great. I can hear when someone uses while I'm in my office. I'll be saying ca ching everytime I hear it haha.

Yeah I plan to always have this machine stocked and looking good. Plus my co workers no where the candy is coming from and thankfully have a sweet tooth!

That sucks! I figured that was going to happen to me so I didn't ask but my boss mentioned it on her own. Have you gone back to your work to ask about putting in some machines since you retired?

Lol!

Oilfield related company!

It is dead there right now!

Not enough people to have machine at old job!

At one time we was 175 people strong, but if there is 20 people left their lucky!

cajun

Lol!

Oilfield related company!

It is dead there right now!

Not enough people to have machine at old job!

At one time we was 175 people strong, but if there is 20 people left their lucky!

cajun

Ohh wow that's awful. Pretty much the same environment here in WV except with coal mines. It's a daily discussion on the news and in the paper with all these mines filing bankruptcy. Sad what is happening to this country.

Ohh wow that's awful. Pretty much the same environment here in WV except with coal mines. It's a daily discussion on the news and in the paper with all these mines filing bankruptcy. Sad what is happening to this country.

Everything in this small town I live in is almost oilfield related!

When it slows down like this every business suffers, all I can do is grin and hope to make it.

At least I had everything I own paid for, before I took the money and ran!

The little woman still has her job for now, so her little money pays for the utility's. 

No stress!  Fishing is good this time of the year!

lol!

cajun

Everything in this small town I live in is almost oilfield related!

When it slows down like this every business suffers, all I can do is grin and hope to make it.

At least I had everything I own paid for, before I took the money and ran!

The little woman still has her job for now, so her little money pays for the utility's. 

No stress!  Fishing is good this time of the year!

lol!

cajun

Ohh I understand, the coal mining towns in Southern WV are the same way. Well, at least you are doing things you enjoy. That's what counts, do what you love! I love to fish and hunt. I am jealous of all the seafood that is available to you. Although, I don't want anything that has two tails and could now be a spokesman for BP with all the oil it's been in lol. 

We have salt mines down here, dad worked for 38 years down one.

I worked 89 days and got fired! lol! I hated that job with a passion!

When your 18 years old have a bad attitude, with way the company treats the workers!

Fish caught today!

big cat!

20160113_152420.jpg

Lol, yeah I don't think that sounds like an exciting job to me but hey I wouldn't know. Wow Cajun! Hell of a cat! I can even see the fish have a little french in them with those little whiskers  ;)  ;) , Lol jk but that will make some great fried catfish or good bakes filets!

Lol, yeah I don't think that sounds like an exciting job to me but hey I wouldn't know. Wow Cajun! Hell of a cat! I can even see the fish have a little french in them with those little whiskers  ;)  ;) , Lol jk but that will make some great fried catfish or good bakes filets!

I give 99% of the fish I catch away!

i just love to fish, the pull of those big fish is awesome!

Out there by myself 75% of the time, no other boats to see, just the crabbers, checking the crab traps!

I fillet them, left with big hunks of just pure meat!

cajun

If I remember reading earlier posts correctly, that's how you got started right, at the golf course you worked at? I'm guessing it did pretty well to go full blown lol. Well, I know they might want them but not everyone likes just bananas. (I honestly think they are one of the worst flavors) lol. They can pick them out and eat the rest, they are just being too picky and probably giving me a hard time. One did say she enjoys the red ones too (Ohh what a joy for me) lol. This will be my first runts head so I am excited to see how it goes! 

P.S. Why do people just like the bananas?! I guess there is a sizeable number since they do make banarama, I believe it's called. 

Yeah, got started selling candy out of beater triples- ah the good old days of being excited for an extra $10 in quarters at the end of the week. :rolleyes:

My best "runts" style candy, in terms of sales and appeal was A&A's "Candy Galaxy" which is the stars and the bananas become the "moons". If Runts weren't considerably cheaper, I think I'd still be running them today. Awesome product. I'd say what you're doing is probably fine- I'm sure all the candy gets eaten!

As for bananas... I do not know. When it comes to runts, my favorite was always the oranges, so I guess I'm a weirdo in that regard. What draws people to the bananas above all else is a mystery.

My only 2 machines (so far) are in my work. I have a spiral gumball rocket ship and a 60-1 arcade table. Since it is a sit-down pizza place, they both do pretty well. I collect about $25-30 a week, and cut the owner 25%.

post-7668-0-53704500-1450720162_thumb.jpg
post-7668-0-38662900-1439342833_thumb.jpeg

That's not bad at all. Good, steady income and you can keep an eye on them. Any plans to expand?

I have a connection at a local movie theater.  I am planning to try to get a claw machine in there.

• 2 weeks later...

I always had a machine at home when my kids were growing up. We had a lot of fun. When it went empty we would open it up and count the money and the kids decided what we would do with the change.  The kids usually decided on a movie, pizza, etc. Yea, the quarters were all mine but it was the fun of being involved.

That's a great way for them to learn how to save and that change does add up! Even if it was yours lol. Plus they got to have some of their favorite candy, as much as you'd allow them.

Archived