Proper mindset

AMD Snacks

Hello all, for a while I've been thinking about switching to comission for my triples and singles just so I could get more locations and also not feel like I'm asking something for nothing, even though I know we offer convenience still seemed strange to me. However comission on a single or triple isn't much either, so trying to put myself in the business owners mindset its hard to see what would make someone more inclined to accept a machine and want it long term. Is the main focus just to keep looking for someone who just doesn't care, or is there a universal benefit to bulk candy and toys? It's hard for a person to "sell" something if they don't see the value, and I'm trying to figure out something better than "I just want money" lol

Commission for singles and doubles seldom works, there is just not enough money to split. Racks are tough enough to keep in the front of a store. You actually DONT want a location to think about the money too much. Yer not sellin gold nuggets.

I'd have to agree, not trying spend money I don't have to, I'm just wondering what to "sell" to the decision maker. .. because unless they just love candy, feels like they're just doing us a favor accepting a machine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Precisely what Musser said. I won't argue the "ethics" of it, but the idea behind a charity is that the location can "do good" without having to actually "do" anything.

I'd advise against commission on any small setups- there's not much meat on the bone to begin with, and splitting it with the loc is going to cut you down, and likely leave the location thinking "where's the rest of it?" because in the eyes of many, vending machines are magically full of quarters. I think we've all had "that" location that assumed the machines were doing way, way better than they really were.

Hello all, for a while I've been thinking about switching to comission for my triples and singles just so I could get more locations and also not feel like I'm asking something for nothing, even though I know we offer convenience still seemed strange to me. However comission on a single or triple isn't much either, so trying to put myself in the business owners mindset its hard to see what would make someone more inclined to accept a machine and want it long term. Is the main focus just to keep looking for someone who just doesn't care, or is there a universal benefit to bulk candy and toys? It's hard for a person to "sell" something if they don't see the value, and I'm trying to figure out something better than "I just want money" lol

I agree with you. Thats actually what I've been doing. But I will say this I think half of my locations don't really care about commission and are just glad to have them there. But I'm still fairly new to bulk vending. For me I didn't want to do charity sticker's for myself because they seem a bit unethical. In the future I will be doing a little of both but supporting a local homeless shelter.

The more I've been reflecting on the comments above, the more I think i'm understanding. I was comparing it to something like a car salesman. The main difference is, people come to a car salesman wanting to buy a car,and just have to be sold on the right one. Whereas we're testing the waters with business that may or may not even want a machine, seems like the goal is to just keep fishing until you find someone that does, and then the money thing wont matter as you've all stated since they'd be happy with just having candy and that "good feeling" they get helping out a good cause. Thanks all.  ;D  

Archived