Weird Install Today

BaneTrain

So today on my lunch I ran over to the sanitation plant I mentioned in a previous post. I find the supervisor he tells me where to place it and then says "Just so you know, we aren't responsible if it gets broken" I said I completely understand that. This is the first time anyone has ever said that to me though. I get it out of my Jeep, fix it up and carry it in to this really dark lunch room with 3 guys just sitting around watching the hunting channel. I put it beside their snack machine (which conveniently has a bill change attached to the side) and I am wiping it down and run a quarter through and I say to the guys, "Ray didn't tell me what you all would like so I just put in gumballs since most everyone likes a gumball." Dead silence and then the bigger guy walks over to the doorway and just stares at me for a good 3 minutes while I am turning on my almost dead phone on to take a picture. I snapped a picture then left saying well there goes my gumball machine. Maybe I am wrong but it was a weird situation and I almost wish I just said forget it. Hillbilly told me "Watch, it might be your best location lol" We shall see. Has anyone else ever had a weird install or just the people at the location aren't friendly? In this business and with my job I enjoy just shooting the breeze with people and at almost every location there is someone to talk to but obviously not here. 

Don't judge too quickly it could still be your best location. The best location I ever had was s coal mine break room. At the end of a 12 hour shift the miners weren't always the cheeriest. You weren't wesring a polo with one of those little alligators on it were you? Just kidding.

That is true and I was quick to judge it until I see what the results are. I completely understand that they wouldn't be. Lol no, I don't have any Lacoste but I was wearing my tan dress pants, with dress shoes and a pea coat since it is freezing here. Not exactly the same as their t shirt and jeans. 

To stay positive, I agree, hope for the best :) but to share strange installs, I had one auto shop guy tell me during my initial pitch that he wasn't going to be responsible if gangster steal it. Which I agreed to, and then, and I posted about it a while ago, somehow every time I would check it, the skittles were empty with like 2 bucks in the slot, but no sign of tampering or foul play. I'm still not sure how whoever was getting almost free skittles was doing it, I kept filling it and changing parts mostly out of curiosity. 

Yea it was a different lock and I tried changing the coin mech, but that was back in cali, my buddy took over my route and I think he pulled that machine lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I have dealt with all sorts of weird people. Awkward instances like this are fairly commonplace, but don't let it get you down. Even a weirdo's quarter spends. ;D

Lol glad I am not the only one. Well, I hope I get a lot of quarters from these weirdos lol.

To stay positive, I agree, hope for the best :) but to share strange installs, I had one auto shop guy tell me during my initial pitch that he wasn't going to be responsible if gangster steal it. Which I agreed to, and then, and I posted about it a while ago, somehow every time I would check it, the skittles were empty with like 2 bucks in the slot, but no sign of tampering or foul play. I'm still not sure how whoever was getting almost free skittles was doing it, I kept filling it and changing parts mostly out of curiosity. 

I would of pulled that after it happened the first time. Such a weird thing to say, won't be responsible if a gangster steals it. 

I probably should have, but it was right across the street from a car dealership I had that was doing great. Ohwell, how many locations you up to now? I just moved so i'm starting all over again, up to 6 locations here in beautiful Washington thanks to the good people at vendinglocator4u!

I have 14 installed right now and putting my machines together for my 15th at work. Yeah, as I found out sometimes a convenient location doesn't mean profits. I have pulled two that were 1/2 mile from my home. They flat out sucked. 

I've had locations where people figured out how to steal from it. I worked with the machine for 6 months, during which I gave away 5 bags of Pmm. I figured out how they were stealing it, fixed the issue, then for the next 10 years the machine has been making 40-60 a month. 

I don't give up a location till I've tried everything. Worst case scenario all I get out of it is knowledge. If that's all I get, it's worth every penny. 

I've had locations where people figured out how to steal from it. I worked with the machine for 6 months, during which I gave away 5 bags of Pmm. I figured out how they were stealing it, fixed the issue, then for the next 10 years the machine has been making 40-60 a month.

I don't give up a location till I've tried everything. Worst case scenario all I get out of it is knowledge. If that's all I get, it's worth every penny.

I'm curious, how were they stealing from it?

It depends on which time and which machine!!!! LOL Most times it was a Uturn, there's tons of ways to get free product from those, but most machines that have plastic on them can be beat. I don't think listing different ways on here is a good idea, but you can Google it.

It depends on which time and which machine!!!! LOL Most times it was a Uturn, there's tons of ways to get free product from those, but most machines that have plastic on them can be beat. I don't think listing different ways on here is a good idea, but you can Google it.

Thats probably a good idea now that I think about it lol

Next time try changing the skittles to mike and Ike or hot tamales and see what happens

Archived