Snack box update

bhumphrey829

Just wanted to give an update on my snack box business.  I am now up to 114 locations.  I am now averaging locating 9 boxes a week.  My theft is currently running about 13%.  That's not too bad, considering it started out at 38% when I first started thls back in June.  These are the Honor snack boxes, not the mint boxes

Up to 123 locations at the end of the week ending 22 jan 16

• 2 weeks later...

your shortage % is amazingly great........im guessing your price is $1.00?....so for every item missing, youre getting 90 cents?.....amazing

Keep in mind, however, that was for this week,  I have had weeks where the theft was 22% that's my highest since I have started really buckling down with the business. And yes, everything is $1.00

How do you buckle down on the shortage?   Just pull it if shortage is high?   How long do you give them to get bette

Yes, I pull it if the shortage is too high.  The way I do it, ( and this does not mean it's the right way), but if it's 20% short I don't do anything.  I can  live with that.  Anything above that, the first 2 service it's short I put a sticky note that says " $8.00 short last delivery"  I do that 2 times.  The 3rd and and 4th times I put a note that says "$8.00 short, please pay for what you take."  The 5th and 6th times, I put a note saying "$8.00 short last delivery, please pay for what you take or we will be forced to remove the box."  The 7th  time, I pull the account.  I try to give every chance in the world to make it right, and that's probably leaving them in there a little too long, but it's working for me.

Ok, tks

In summer how do you deal with heat when transporting heat sensitive products?  I get not putting heat sensitive products in locations without a/c.  But if you are on road for hours and need to stop for greater than a short time, how do you deal with that?  Unless you leave vehicle running or have a climate controlled box truck/large cooler, etc.  

I have some mint boxes and ck on way to work and just carry any extras left in previous boxes into work.  

Tks

Have you had any boxes get thrown away?

Nope, never had a box stolen or thrown away (knock on wood)

Ok, tks

In summer how do you deal with heat when transporting heat sensitive products?  I get not putting heat sensitive products in locations without a/c.  But if you are on road for hours and need to stop for greater than a short time, how do you deal with that?  Unless you leave vehicle running or have a climate controlled box truck/large cooler, etc.  

I have some mint boxes and ck on way to work and just carry any extras left in previous boxes into work.  

Tks

I have an suv, and i never kill it when i'm running  my route because I am in and out of the place within a minute or two tops

I assume you have a charity aspect with the boxes?  Do you think that helps you get into places?   Do you mention that at all when dealing with shortages?  As in, do you bring it up again like "Your box was short, we can't donate as much to charity, etc...."  Stuff like that.   Or do you not really get into the charity part of it again after placing the box?

Thanks.....just trying to figure out the best way to deal with high shortage rates.  

I assume you have a charity aspect with the boxes?  Do you think that helps you get into places?   Do you mention that at all when dealing with shortages?  As in, do you bring it up again like "Your box was short, we can't donate as much to charity, etc...."  Stuff like that.   Or do you not really get into the charity part of it again after placing the box?

Thanks.....just trying to figure out the best way to deal with high shortage rates.  

I use the women's breast cancer society as my charity.  All of my boxes have the pink ribbon sticker on them, so everyone knows what the charity is.  That does help a lot in getting my boxes placed.  I never mention shortages to the managers or owners.  That is one of my main points that i stress when giving my "spill" is that they are never responsible for the box, and that I would never come to them if it was ever short.  If there is a shortage, I will put sticky notes, on the box, and if that doesn't work and  the theft gets too high, I just pull them.

I have not yet placed any Honor boxes but plan to do so soon using a local charity and actually donating a large percentage to the charity.  I was thinking of making a little section on the Honor box where I could  place some little flyers (maybe like 3x5 cards) that people could take that would give updates on what the charity needed and what they had done with the money earned.  I thin would make updates each time I serviced the machine.

Do you think this would be helpful or would it be wasted time?

I have not yet placed any Honor boxes but plan to do so soon using a local charity and actually donating a large percentage to the charity.  I was thinking of making a little section on the Honor box where I could  place some little flyers (maybe like 3x5 cards) that people could take that would give updates on what the charity needed and what they had done with the money earned.  I thin would make updates each time I serviced the machine.

Do you think this would be helpful or would it be wasted time?

Honestly, I think it would be a waste of time.  The reason being is if you are planning on growing to a good size route, that is going to get really old, really quick.  While mine is still a pretty small route, I can't imagine doing that with my 140 locations. 

Okay, update for this week. Placed 10 boxes, pulled two accounts for a total of 137 locations. Theft ran 12% Total Gross revenue was $969.00 Avg per box $14.72

Hi my partner and I are new to the honor box business. When we ran our numbers, we figured $972 in profit. I noticed in your post you stated $969 gross revenue, was that per month or just this week? Also was that for all 137 locations?

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Hi my partner and I are new to the honor box business. When we ran our numbers, we figured $972 in profit. I noticed in your post you stated $969 gross revenue, was that per month or just this week? Also was that for all 137 locations?

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

That was my gross number for the week.  That was a total of 61 boxes for that week