Snack box update

bhumphrey829

On 1/18/2017 at 8:35 PM, bhumphrey829 said:

Quick update, kind of  stoked.  Just got my 200th location.  Took 1.5 years to get there.  Plan on having at least 300 by the end of this year

Are you planning on placing until you get to 300 or are you going to do it in stages i.e.  place 25 and then remove slow ones and relocate those and then maybe do another 25 and so on until you reach 300?

I am constantly placing and pulling. I try and do my route in 4 days, mon, tues, thurs, and fri.  On those days I am swapping out boxes and pulling slow accounts.  I try to place at least one for one but most of the times I try to place 2 new ones if I pull  one.  On Wed I just take 5 boxes out and find 5 new locations. 

• Like 1

I am constantly placing and pulling. I try and do my route in 4 days, mon, tues, thurs, and fri.  On those days I am swapping out boxes and pulling slow accounts.  I try to place at least one for one but most of the times I try to place 2 new ones if I pull  one.  On Wed I just take 5 boxes out and find 5 new locations. 

I know about the slow customers...I just ordered my next bundle of boxes from Cameron. It's definitely frustrating when you have major shrinkage. Basically someone is living off of your dime... So I will be pulling some accounts if things don't change soon!

Sent from my Z987 using Tapatalk

Are you planning on placing until you get to 300 or are you going to do it in stages i.e.  place 25 and then remove slow ones and relocate those and then maybe do another 25 and so on until you reach 300?

I think that would be the easiest way if you concentrated on a small number of customers and replace slow ones.

15 minutes ago, jerrybrooksvendall said:

I know about the slow customers...I just ordered my next bundle of boxes from Cameron. It's definitely frustrating when you have major shrinkage. Basically someone is living off of your dime... So I will be pulling some accounts if things don't change soon!

Yeah, it's a thin line between pulling too soon and leaving too long.  I give them at least 3 or  4 warnings unless it's just really bad (35% or more), but the first thing I do if it's pretty short the first time, I cut back on the candy.  I usually give 5 in a small box.  I cut it back to 3 the first time it's short.  After that they get no candy until I get 3 services in a row of 100%. 

19 minutes ago, jerrybrooksvendall said:

Yeah this is my hardest issue with honor boxes. I don't mind turn around as much as the stealing. It's hard for me to not get upset knowing someone is deliberately stealing from me. But the costs of the boxes keeps me going, since it's so easy to get a boxes vs bulk machines.

• Like 1

On 06/02/2017 at 1:37 PM, Harvending said:

End of the week count how much money you collected, and how many bags of candy you bought, and what they cost. This is all you need to know. To keep up with loss, (example a box holds 100 Mints cost $7.00 should collect $33.00.)   What is the lowest profit your willing to make on this location?

Thank you Harvending, this is a great idea!  I'm not selling mints, it's Kerr's candy.  I'm not sure if this is just a Canadian company or not, maybe it is.  The candy will weigh different amounts depending on the mix but I should be able to do it.

Okay, I'm an idiot.  I meant that message for someone else but sent it to Harvending.  I'm sorry.  Thank you for your time, Harv, I'm not sure if I'm going to weigh the candy or not, but I will keep an eye on the profit.  I plan to pull a box if it makes less than $10.

15 hours ago, Journey said:

Thank you Harvending, this is a great idea!  I'm not selling mints, it's Kerr's candy.  I'm not sure if this is just a Canadian company or not, maybe it is.  The candy will weigh different amounts depending on the mix but I should be able to do it.

On 06/02/2017 at 6:01 AM, Lake Cities Vending said:

Sounds like you are doing mints, 3 for $1.00. I weigh mine. I set my scale to grams and weighed mine and made a chart, 1 to 100. I weigh to fill and weigh when I pick them up to see whats left. Grams break it down to smaller increments than ounces.

Lake Cities you were the one I was responding to in my first post--thank you.

On 2/17/2017 at 6:04 AM, bhumphrey829 said:

This is truly the formula for success in the honor box game. Always locating, pulling and re-locating and expanding. That is why Mr. Humphrey is tearing it up and maintaining such a great per box sales average. Goes to show what hard work and a great game plan can get you. Thanks for sharing your journey with all of us. I look forward to hearing about you hitting the next milestone!

Thanks for the kind words.  It's true persistence is the name of the game, along with thick skin.  You have to have thick skin to be able to deal with theft and losing accounts, and all of the other stuff that goes along with this type of business.  The sooner you learn it's just part of the game, the sooner you can just let all of the negative that happens in the business and just keep focused on the positive and always keep moving forward.

I like one of the rejections I got from a tanning place... She actually told me "it's not in the budget" lol give me a break!

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 5:22 PM, flintflash said:

Price increase?  What price did you go to and how did you go about letting your accounts know ?

I went form $1.00 to $1.25 and I jut left notes on each box stating that due to product price increase we are forced to raise our prices to $1.25 as of ..... and I would put the date of next service.

• Like 1