Snack box update

bhumphrey829

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2020 at 5:51 PM, bhumphrey829 said:

Weekly update:  335 locations.  Grossed $1,945.00  Avg.  $20.00  Theft ran 17%  Serviced 97 boxes.  (Ran 4 days)

Wow!  That's AWESOME my friend!  I am so glad you are able to continue with your routes and still have great volume.  Well Done!  We are closed for now.  Hoping to bring all my employees back soon to continue moving forward.  This is such a crazy time!  Best of luck to you, buddy!  :)

4 hours ago, flintflash said:

Wow!  That's AWESOME my friend!  I am so glad you are able to continue with your routes and still have great volume.  Well Done!  We are closed for now.  Hoping to bring all my employees back soon to continue moving forward.  This is such a crazy time!  Best of luck to you, buddy!  :)

Wow, Tony, I am so sorry to hear that you guys had to close down.  What are you doing about your honor boxes?  I have been truly blessed to be able to continue to work (at least for now).  Luckily most of my stops are "essential" businesses so they are able to remain open.  And the ones that are open seem to be eating more snacks since they can't really go anywhere.

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up.  I won't be posting any more weekly updates until everything gets back to some sort of normalcy.  Obviously my numbers are dropping as more and more businesses are closing in my area.  I wouldn't someone new on here to see the numbers i am putting up right now and start thinking is not such a good business lol.  

However, I do have a question to throw out there.  I know Flint Flash has quite a few employees but this question is more anyone who is running a one man full time show.  Are there any loans out there to help us out????   I see the loans for businesses to help pay their employees.  Thanks in advance for input

5 hours ago, bhumphrey829 said:

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up.  I won't be posting any more weekly updates until everything gets back to some sort of normalcy.  Obviously my numbers are dropping as more and more businesses are closing in my area.  I wouldn't someone new on here to see the numbers i am putting up right now and start thinking is not such a good business lol.  

However, I do have a question to throw out there.  I know Flint Flash has quite a few employees but this question is more anyone who is running a one man full time show.  Are there any loans out there to help us out????   I see the loans for businesses to help pay their employees.  Thanks in advance for input

I'm not anything close to the size of flintflash but definitely full-time with full line vending.  My understanding is that you can get an SBA loan right now but it is supposed to go mostly to payroll (75%+ I believe).  Aside from that, there is supposed to be an unemployment benefit for the self-employed rolling out next week.  My advice to you is to contact an accountant and/or a bank to inquire about getting an SBA loan (economic relief) and possibly contact a local or state labor board regarding unemployment benefits if you are self-employed.  I think it's like the wild west out there right now so trying to get a loan or do anything might be like pulling teeth because, at least in my area, bank lobbies are closed so I don't know if appointments need to be scheduled or what..

On 4/10/2020 at 7:10 PM, bhumphrey829 said:

AngryChris is correct.  They are adding "self-employed" individuals to apply for the SBA loans along with allowing "self-employed" to apply for unemployment.  I don't know if that is a State issued thing or not, but I am sure self-employed can file for unemployment.  As Chris suggests, inquiry with your accountant or your banker.  Both have been a HUGE help for me.  Best of luck buddy!  We WILL get thru this!  :)

On 4/2/2020 at 6:16 PM, bhumphrey829 said:

Wow, Tony, I am so sorry to hear that you guys had to close down.  What are you doing about your honor boxes?  I have been truly blessed to be able to continue to work (at least for now).  Luckily most of my stops are "essential" businesses so they are able to remain open.  And the ones that are open seem to be eating more snacks since they can't really go anywhere.

We are hanging in there.  Hoping the money from the SBA loans gets here soon.  Boxes have been left at the locations to preserve the account.  We did not want to remove the boxes and risk losing the account when we went to place them back in.  better to have the box there and resume service than trying to replace the account.  I'm sure we will have a TON of outdates, but we will cross that bridge when we get back.  We have plans in place to increase inventory to cover the out-dates, and working with manufacturers for some help.  Crazy times!  :)

1 hour ago, flintflash said:

We are hanging in there.  Hoping the money from the SBA loans gets here soon.  Boxes have been left at the locations to preserve the account.  We did not want to remove the boxes and risk losing the account when we went to place them back in.  better to have the box there and resume service than trying to replace the account.  I'm sure we will have a TON of outdates, but we will cross that bridge when we get back.  We have plans in place to increase inventory to cover the out-dates, and working with manufacturers for some help.  Crazy times!  :)

Yes, sir, i am leaving my boxes in the locations for the same reason.  I don't want to take a chance on losing the locations 

• 2 months later...

Are you still doing snack honor boxes?   We do vending machines, but we're placing our first two snack honor boxes at a location where I had to move the snack machine out due to reconfiguring space.  They are keeping our drink vendor, but now they don't have room for a snack machine so we're placing 2 larger honor snack boxes there.  Just wondering if you are still doing it and how it's going.

• 1 month later...
On 6/16/2020 at 2:31 PM, edward said:

Are you still doing snack honor boxes?   We do vending machines, but we're placing our first two snack honor boxes at a location where I had to move the snack machine out due to reconfiguring space.  They are keeping our drink vendor, but now they don't have room for a snack machine so we're placing 2 larger honor snack boxes there.  Just wondering if you are still doing it and how it's going.

I'm sorry, it took so long to get back to you.  I haven't been on here in a while, but yes, I am still  doing honor boxes.  I am holding steady right now at 315 locations, not doing too bad

On 7/30/2020 at 7:07 PM, bhumphrey829 said:

I'm sorry, it took so long to get back to you.  I haven't been on here in a while, but yes, I am still  doing honor boxes.  I am holding steady right now at 315 locations, not doing too bad

Hey Bryan!  Glad to see you are still alive and kicking!  Hopefully business is picking up in your neck of the woods.  We are holding our own.  Usage is still down and most of our hair salons wanted to be pulled because they are encouraged to not have coffee, snacks or anything available for their customers/employees (our governor is an idiot).  We have been able to sell and put on new accounts, believe it or not, but we strictly try to target rural areas or heavy industrial.  They seem to be much more receptive.  I hope all is going well for you, my friend!  I look forward to seeing your updates, and remember to Keep On Keeping ON!  :)