Sams Club Closing There Doors

Rick Falcon

As many of you guys already know SAMs Whole sales club will continue to close stores nationwide, so with that being said the answer is simple support your Bulk Vending supplier, sure Gum and Candy might be a few dollars more when ordering from A&A and Cardinal but they focus on Bulk Vending where as the warehouse clubs don't.

Those few extra dollars overall will not change anyone's lives but it will assure constant supply of goods. It's time to realize that this business is changing and we are having less and less suppliers, we as a bulk vending group need to support them before they go out also.

Giving up a few dollars per case could ensure you long term supplies.I can't stress it enough support your supplier of choice wether it's A&A or Cardinal.

I dont buy anything from Sams Club. This wont affect me at all. I really like placing my orders by telephone and the product coming to me. My time is way more valuable than having to mess with Sams. Plus the membership fee is hard to recoup. Have to buy a lot of quanity to make it worthwhile.

I dont buy anything from Sams Club. This wont affect me at all. I really like placing my orders by telephone and the product coming to me. My time is way more valuable than having to mess with Sams. Plus the membership fee is hard to recoup. Have to buy a lot of quanity to make it worthwhile.

I found that if I buy a gallon of milk a week from Sam's that the savings covers a basic membership. But your point is a good one. What is your time worth? How long does it take to pick up items from Sam's as opposed to having them shipped? (Plus the gas.) The goal is always to get as much income from as little work as possible.

You all must live way in the country. I have sams all over my routes

As many of you guys already know SAMs Whole sales club will continue to close stores nationwide, so with that being said the answer is simple support your Bulk Vending supplier, sure Gum and Candy might be a few dollars more when ordering from A&A and Cardinal but they focus on Bulk Vending where as the warehouse clubs don't.

Those few extra dollars overall will not change anyone's lives but it will assure constant supply of goods. It's time to realize that this business is changing and we are having less and less suppliers, we as a bulk vending group need to support them before they go out also.

Giving up a few dollars per case could ensure you long term supplies.I can't stress it enough support your supplier of choice wether it's A&A or Cardinal.

I agree but it's very aggravating when they do stuff like stop producing machines that are needed for routes. I have found that the smaller suppliers are better on price and better sellers but they do have a limited supply of items.

I'm gonna ride the Sam's train till the tracks fall off. My plus membership pays me $10 for every $500 I spend. I've already made $30 since middle of December. Although mine quit stocking gumballs i'll still order from them.

I'm gonna ride the Sam's train till the tracks fall off. My plus membership pays me $10 for every $500 I spend. I've already made $30 since middle of December. Although mine quit stocking gumballs i'll still order from them.

Mainor your missing the bigger picture do you think that $30 warrant enough in savings to jeopardize your future business.

I don't think the capsule suppliers will go out of business on gum sales. At some point it would be better to by pass them all and by direct by the pallet so you can get free shipping, cheaper prices and so on. If you can get close to the pallet, say 3/4 or so in a year and a place to store it, then sell what you don't think you'll use. That's my goal. Either way, it all just keeps the manufacturer in business. Cardinal doesn't make enough on gum sales, they do it as a convenience for their customer. The only people making money on gum is us and the manufacturer.

AA has their gum made, it's not bad flavor, pretty good, but I'm guessing it's made by Double Bubble, it gets harder just as fast. Although they do offer 50 for "free". That helps, but if I can buy it at my local Sam's (which I can't, not one for 200 mi's!), I probably would. I've been using Ford 850 and what everyone said about how soft it is in comparison is right. When I make the full jump to 1080, I'll probably buy from Ford and skip all the middle men. 

I have bought from Sam's online and gotten it cheaper than I could from a supplier, but if I was ordering a pallet of balls and caps, then it might be worth it to add to it at the same time. 

The suppliers to some degree will be there, at least the bigger ones. 

Mainor your missing the bigger picture do you think that $30 warrant enough in savings to jeopardize your future business.

The $30 in cash back was for one month in the slow season. On the off chance they closed every Sam's and Costco tomorrow there's dozens of other online sources to get candy and gum so paying more now to sacrifice for the greater good doesn't make sense to me but to each his own.

The $30 in cash back was for one month in the slow season. On the off chance they closed every Sam's and Costco tomorrow there's dozens of other online sources to get candy and gum so paying more now to sacrifice for the greater good doesn't make sense to me but to each his own.

Does that apply to online orders as well? I have already bought 3000 dollars in machines this month

Does that apply to online orders as well? I have already bought 3000 dollars in machines this month

* Cash Rewards are only available for Sam’s Plus™ Members. Sam’s Plus Members earn $10 on Cash Rewards for every $500 in qualifying pre-tax purchases with a maximum reward of $500 per 12-month membership period. Cash Rewards are awarded annually and loaded on to the membership card for use in-club, on SamsClub.com® or redeemable for cash. A member can accumulate a Maximum Balance of $2,000 in earned Cash Rewards on a membership card, at which point accrual of Cash Rewards stops until the Maximum Balance is reduced. Cash Rewards are not earned for purchases made during the time of Maximum Balance. Restrictions apply. Visit SamsClub.com/cashrewards for program details and terms and conditions.

I went to Sam's yesterday. You couldn't even find a place to park. It was packed with everyone looking for discounts. When I got inside it was amazing to see. All of the upper shelves were empty, most all freezers were empty and a lot of the products on the floor were gone. There were really not many deals either. Though, M&M's were a dollar off regular price and if you go to the help desk on your way out they will extend your membership six months for free. They told me that you need to be a member to order on line.

I don't think the capsule suppliers will go out of business on gum sales. At some point it would be better to by pass them all and by direct by the pallet so you can get free shipping, cheaper prices and so on. If you can get close to the pallet, say 3/4 or so in a year and a place to store it, then sell what you don't think you'll use. That's my goal. Either way, it all just keeps the manufacturer in business. Cardinal doesn't make enough on gum sales, they do it as a convenience for their customer. The only people making money on gum is us and the manufacturer.

AA has their gum made, it's not bad flavor, pretty good, but I'm guessing it's made by Double Bubble, it gets harder just as fast. Although they do offer 50 for "free". That helps, but if I can buy it at my local Sam's (which I can't, not one for 200 mi's!), I probably would. I've been using Ford 850 and what everyone said about how soft it is in comparison is right. When I make the full jump to 1080, I'll probably buy from Ford and skip all the middle men.

I have bought from Sam's online and gotten it cheaper than I could from a supplier, but if I was ordering a pallet of balls and caps, then it might be worth it to add to it at the same time.

The suppliers to some degree will be there, at least the bigger ones.

ZED is not DB. It's made in China with the other KoKo stuff

Hey chancy, welcome to the forum.

This post really isn't in the right place, but I apparently can't move single posts. I recommend posting in the Welcome New Members section of the forum, and starting a new thread since you are not responding to anyone.

Archived