Buying Routes

Workman Vending

There's a guy in my area that's selling off his routes, and I'm thinking about buying a portion of it.    What should I beware of?  What questions should I ask him?    

Also when buying machines on a charity route, is it customary for the seller to transfer the stickers over to me or will he keep them and leave it to me to provide my own?   

I sold a charity route to my buddy...the charity let me just change over ownership of those stickers...but he was also a member of the chairty vending program..not sure if that helps any...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

First you need s verifiable statement if income. Most charity operators will have NO proof of income. With out some sort of proof it's all BS. That means that you are basically buying used machines that are scattered all over hell and gone.

First you need s verifiable statement if income. Most charity operators will have NO proof of income. With out some sort of proof it's all BS. That means that you are basically buying used machines that are scattered all over hell and gone.

How does one "prove" revenue from a vending route?   All of my machines are charity, and I track the gross from each machine in a spreadsheet but there's certainly no proving that data.    With the price he's asking per location, I'm willing to take a chance on actual per machine revenue.  I'm more concerned with  the locations actually existing and there being some sort of paper trail that transfers the ownership of the machines to me.

I can prove mine with a schedule C. Yes I too would be concerned with the machines actually existing. You can get a bill of sale pretty easy ( Google). You just list the equipment and where it is ( locations) on the bill.

I get that most charity operators (99.99%) of them have no worthwhile records. That should tell you something.

If you think what you will be buying will work for you go for it. But do yourself a favor. Look back at the posts here from five years ago. How many of the posters are still here? Most people that have a well put together bulk vending route are not selling, The failures are everywhere and always for sale.

I can prove mine with a schedule C. Yes I too would be concerned with the machines actually existing. You can get a bill of sale pretty easy ( Google). You just list the equipment and where it is ( locations) on the bill.

I get that most charity operators (99.99%) of them have no worthwhile records. That should tell you something.

If you think what you will be buying will work for you go for it. But do yourself a favor. Look back at the posts here from five years ago. How many of the posters are still here? Most people that have a well put together bulk vending route are not selling, The failures are everywhere and always for sale.

So in other words you have a beef with charity operators in general? 

I can't speak for all, but 2015 will be my first year in operation and I definitely will be filing a Schedule C.   I don't really appreciate your implication that charity operators are dishonest.    Hasn't that been hashed and rehashed enough in this forum?   Charity routes are a legit business model and are going to exist whether or not commission vendors like it or not.  

Lol, I run a lot of charity. The last time we located ( fall) we put out 250 more stops. We are trying to full in some routes. I am just trying to say be very cautious. People do not generally sell something that is a cash cow. And again, if you think the route you are looking at will be good good for you, go for it.

No, I just had some time last fall and wanted to get the machines out of the warehouse. I locate all the time. I buy new machines if I have too. But last year I found a whole bunch of oak panel machines in real good condition priced right. Btw, I like the oak vista panel for Charity but much prefer NW 60 for racks.

No, I just had some time last fall and wanted to get the machines out of the warehouse. I locate all the time. I buy new machines if I have too. But last year I found a whole bunch of oak panel machines in real good condition priced right. Btw, I like the oak vista panel for Charity but much prefer NW 60 for racks.

Is that just preference, or is there a reason you like the oaks better for charity? I was pricing new nw 60 set ups and i'm calculating something like 9 months return on investment for 2 doubles. So i'm looking into other options. 

Lol, I run a lot of charity. The last time we located ( fall) we put out 250 more stops. We are trying to full in some routes. I am just trying to say be very cautious. People do not generally sell something that is a cash cow. And again, if you think the route you are looking at will be good good for you, go for it.

You're right, most people do not sell an active cash cow but I have bought several "slightly neglected" routes over the years that have become solid earners. 

When I get ready to sell my route, I will sell it all, I have some doing very very well and a few doing very very bad. It is a numbers game. Not going to hang onto a couple just because they rock. I will drive the route with the buyer and give them the honest breakdown. You would be a fool not to drive the route with the seller.

Archived