Info on this machine

QuikVend

I'm looking to do my toes into full-line vending, so I'm coming across some machines that I don't know much about. Anyone know anything about this machine/what is worth? Owner says it's a a Vendo.

That's for sure it is a Vendo, big one tall like it is.

If you go look in person their is a tag on left side of door, will give you the basic size of machine.

Looks to be in decent shape, if everything works $600 to $800.

I'm sure it is 80.5" tall, so it want fit in just any door.

Good luck.

cajun

That's a Vendo V601 if it's three cans deep.  If it's only two cans deep then it's a V475.  I can't tell if it has a credit display or not so if not then it's a single price mahcine and probably a 475.  A credit display would likely be on the 601 and it would have a version 5.1 logic board.  $500 less if single price and $700-800 tops if multi-price.

It will be a golpher to move though so be prepared.

$500 for a single price machine?  I wouldn't pay over a hundred. 79in machine is a beast to move and even if it is multi price with a display $300 tops is what I would pay. A compressor goes out and you have another 300 to 500 to fix it.

Just my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with Amigo.  No more than $100 on a single price, and I've never paid over $200 for a multi price...  

Of course, I only pay these prices because I'm cheap frugal.....   ;D

These tall boys are a paint.  Many movers can't fit them in the truck so they have to lay it down.  You can't put it in 80% of the decent locations because it will not fit thru the doors and the compress is so noisey they ask you to take it out.  These were made specifically for outdoor locations needing high volumn of drinks.

I would stay away.  If you get a location wanting a drink and a snack look for 72 inch drink machines because they match the height of the snack.  Customers like the look.

Bev, I can't imagine that you use movers that have to lay a soda machine down - very unprofessional.  All they need is an open flatbed or pickup with a liftgate as you know, to properly move any machine.  There are also many professional ways to get a tall and/or deep machine into a building, though it's not fun at all to do.  I also disagree with your comment that made it sound like all 79" tall machines are very noisy.  One might be noisy if it still has an original compressor in it but it's unlikely that is the case.  I do agree that 72" soda machines are the best to use so that they look symmetrical next to any snack machine.

Bev, I can't imagine that you use movers that have to lay a soda machine down - very unprofessional.  All they need is an open flatbed or pickup with a liftgate as you know, to properly move any machine.  There are also many professional ways to get a tall and/or deep machine into a building, though it's not fun at all to do.  I also disagree with your comment that made it sound like all 79" tall machines are very noisy.  One might be noisy if it still has an original compressor in it but it's unlikely that is the case.  I do agree that 72" soda machines are the best to use so that they look symmetrical next to any snack machine.

I agree and while a 79" is not ideal I have used them many times as stand alone machines because they do not look that great in a bank with shorter machines. As a stand alone in something like a warehouse or other areas with a very high ceiling they are fine. Never known a 79" to make anymore noise than any other correct working machine. 

Archived