Where to buy used equipment

AMD Snacks

The Northwest isn't easy to find much used equipment. I call people that are advertising and selling parts or stuff that I don't really need and ask them what else they have. You could call your competitors. I found someone that sells off some of his stuff.

I've had good luck posting up a "used machines wanted" ad on craigslist + other online classifieds, seems there are plenty of people with old parts & gear around that they're too lazy to make their own ad for. Lots of "I have this junk machine in the garage" replies but you never know. Beyond that I would ask anyone advertising machine repairs or competitors too like Rodney said.

If you use the search there are more good ideas in old threads.

I've had great success following some smaller 'auction houses' in the area, as well as those storage unit auctions in the past. It varies all over the place, so make sure you know what you're getting into first.

Another place to keep an eye on, when the season really kicks in again, is the "garage sale" section on Craigslist. I've had fewer hits with that, but when I have scored I have scored big (we're talking $10 name brand singles here). Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived