Anyone else have these issues with Northwestern and Oak?

Determined

So I'm frustrated as can be with these suppliers! We recently ordered a couple locks from Northwestern. When we ordered we asked why are bill was higher than it should of been Northwestern's response was "we charge a $2.50 service charge on all orders." What? Okay were fairly new at this so maybe that's there policy. A month later we received are locks and spare key we ordered. Spare key? There $2,50 service charge turned into a spare key!

We've decided to put out some of the Oak refurbs and would order them as needed. A month ago we ordered 2 oak refurbs. We got them a week later. The overall quality of them I would say they were a little rough around the edges not exactly what I expected but they were in good working condition. So 2 weeks ago decided to order 1 more machine. So we called them yesterday to find out why we hadn't received it yet. To our surprise we had ordered 2 machines instead of 1. When we question the lady about it her response was this "well I thought you could use another machine. Most people order the same thing everytime." B.S.

My issue is this! When I give a company my debit card information I expect them to charge me for only what I ordered! Not what they feel I need! This is absurd and outright theft in my opinion! Has anyone else had these issues with these companies? I bet I'm not alone!

I have never had an issue with either company. I suspect the service charge is for small orders ( maybe under $25?) I have never gotten a service charge from Northwestern.

Both companies are struggling. The bulk vending industry is but a pale shadow of what it once was. Very few new machines are being purchased. The influx of Chinese knock offs has hurt also.

Quite frankly: the inventors and designers ( Oak & Northwestern) have had every idea and innovation stolen from them. Like every other industry this country used to have, the public rush to cheap slave labor knock offs is to blame. So here we are, the businesses that helped build our businesses can no longer financially support themselves. That is why their service is deteriorating.

I suspect you won't have to worry about service from Oak or Northwestern much longer.

I have never had an issue with either company. I suspect the service charge is for small orders ( maybe under $25?) I have never gotten a service charge from Northwestern.

Both companies are struggling. The bulk vending industry is but a pale shadow of what it once was. Very few new machines are being purchased. The influx of Chinese knock offs has hurt also.

Quite frankly: the inventors and designers ( Oak & Northwestern) have had every idea and innovation stolen from them. Like every other industry this country used to have, the public rush to cheap slave labor knock offs is to blame. So here we are, the businesses that helped build our businesses can no longer financially support themselves. That is why their service is deteriorating.

I suspect you won't have to worry about service from Oak or Northwestern much longer.

There wasn't actually a service charge. That's what they told me on the phone but what they actually did was charge me for a spare key that I never ordered.

As with all companies small or large if you start taking shortcut's with quality and service your day's are numbered. They can't expect to have repeat customers if there charging people for stuff they didn't order.

If ordering new machines ESP NW order through SAMs the process is seamless. From order to door it's been 7 days or less. As far as locks I know your new but it's best to buy from one of the lock companies. Bout same price and it helps insure no silent partners. I agree on the imports with what Musser said. I have started back buying NW this past year and glad I did. When you open the box and see the quality it's well worth the price. Even down to the details like grease on the mech and lock.

If ordering new machines ESP NW order through SAMs the process is seamless. From order to door it's been 7 days or less. As far as locks I know your new but it's best to buy from one of the lock companies. Bout same price and it helps insure no silent partners. I agree on the imports with what Musser said. I have started back buying NW this past year and glad I did. When you open the box and see the quality it's well worth the price. Even down to the details like grease on the mech and lock.

Can you order the same locks when you order through Sams?  Or do you not even try and just order all new locks anyways so you don't care?  (if you order all new locks, would you be willing to share what site you order through and the "type" of lock I need, as I want to turn my 30+ types of keys down to 6-8 ;))

Talked to Olivia at Oak 2 weeks ago. Wanted to buy 50 Vista refurbs. She said they wouldn't be available for at least 30 days out. It has been my experience in the past 18 months that their inventory availability is pretty inconsistent. I know if I want them I will have to follow up like a bill collector to get the order processed. If i didn't like the Oak machine so much I would have gone somewhere else. May give Eagle a try if I can't get what I need from Oak soon. 

I've gotten service charges from Northwestern in the past on small orders. Mine was under $50, but they explained it up front. Overall Northwestern has always been very professional and prompt with their service to me- Oak you have to hound a lot more, but for the quality they are well worth the hassle. Good luck!

NW orders go well for me with parts.

I order and reorder through email. (Melodie)

quick response and fast shipping (orders usually over $100)

Only issue is the shipping costs, they say its what UPS charges them. Im usually ordering wheels and locks etc, small box its always $15 to $20 shipping.

NW orders go well for me with parts.

I order and reorder through email. (Melodie)

quick response and fast shipping (orders usually over

$100)

Only issue is the shipping costs, they say its what UPS charges them. Im usually ordering wheels and locks etc, small box its always $15 to $20 shipping.

Ups and FedEx both have minimums

The overall quality of them I would say they were a little rough around the edges not exactly what I expected but they were in good working condition.

Hey I'm also interested in some of there refurb stuff, could you elaborate, you mean bad paint, or dented, or what exactly by rough around the edges?

Hey I'm also interested in some of there refurb stuff, could you elaborate, you mean bad paint, or dented, or what exactly by rough around the edges?

They look like something you would quickly refurbish in your garage okay but far from perfect. Today I just got my 2nd order from them and I'm not happy with what I received. There are many paint defects, scratches in plastic, etc. For example the one I received today originally the paint was chipped and instead of filling it or sanding it they just painted over it so that you could see that at one time it was chipped. I know for a fact I can redo these machines better than what I've received. Coupled with there lousy customer service there not worth it. Like Havending recommended I will be ordering Northwesterns thru Sams Club in the future. If I have time I will post pictures later.

If you want new, I would buy new. You can't find a new machine anywhere close to the price they sell thems at.

Repowdered won't effect the sales.I used to be real picky on equipment, now I know that something 30 years old with fresh paint sells product the same as new.

The only difference is they didn't sand it down or blast it to bare metal.

I have several machines just as you described. They've been making money for about a year and a half.

The original post was to do with Oak's customer service and being charged for things I didn't order. Someone asked my opinion as to quality so I gave it sorry if some don't like it. They advertise new paint! It is they just paint over the defects and dirt! So if your new and you think your going to get a perfect machine and it will be a hassle free process. Its not. For example you get charged separate for the locks. So I paid for two locks and was sent one key.  I'm not here to argue with anyone but if you don't mind being charged for things you didn't order just post your credit card # and someone will be sure to take care of your generosity! LOL

So I'm frustrated as can be with these suppliers! We recently ordered a couple locks from Northwestern. When we ordered we asked why are bill was higher than it should of been Northwestern's response was "we charge a $2.50 service charge on all orders." What? Okay were fairly new at this so maybe that's there policy. A month later we received are locks and spare key we ordered. Spare key? There $2,50 service charge turned into a spare key!

We've decided to put out some of the Oak refurbs and would order them as needed. A month ago we ordered 2 oak refurbs. We got them a week later. The overall quality of them I would say they were a little rough around the edges not exactly what I expected but they were in good working condition. So 2 weeks ago decided to order 1 more machine. So we called them yesterday to find out why we hadn't received it yet. To our surprise we had ordered 2 machines instead of 1. When we question the lady about it her response was this "well I thought you could use another machine. Most people order the same thing everytime." B.S.

My issue is this! When I give a company my debit card information I expect them to charge me for only what I ordered! Not what they feel I need! This is absurd and outright theft in my opinion! Has anyone else had these issues with these companies? I bet I'm not alone!

Please don't bad mouth Oak. They helped me a lot, I mean a lot.

Please don't bad mouth Oak. They helped me a lot, I mean a lot.

Simply stating a facts! There also was another person on here stating they didn't care for the quality of the refurbs. I was willing to overlook imperfections but I won't overlook them helping themselves to my bank account!

Avi I'd say that Determined is totally entitled to his opinion - that's the whole point of this board. Oak may have "helped you a lot a lot", but they clearly didn't pass along the same quality of service to him, it's kinda weak for you to jump in telling him not to talk about it. Clearly your answer to the question posed in the thread title is "no", thats cool. 

Personally I dont own any oaks, so I've never ordered from them. Northwestern and Beaver have both been great to me when I've needed to order parts lately. Cineplex Starburst here in Toronto on the other hand, not so hot.

I've tried to order from Oak a few times. I couldn't get anybody on the phone that could give me a clear answer as to what was in stock, prices, etc. They didn't seem interested in selling me anything so I don't waste time with them anymore. Northwestern has been pretty good for the most part. There have been production hold ups, etc. but when I call in I usually get a straight answer.

Archived