Anyone else have these issues with Northwestern and Oak?

Determined

I rarely have an issue. If I do, they fix it and then some. This whole thread started over a 2.50 charge that was added to a 2 lock purchase if I remember correctly? Most suppliers do have a minimum and all though they don't tell every customer, it's usually just business sense and most are aware of it that deal with suppliers on the average. The people that are usually caught off guard by it are the ones that are newer and don't realize it. Even AA has a charge for less than 25.00. 

I was once unfamiliar with it as well, but after thinking about it, it made sense. That's why most small purchases or the average person buy's from smaller retailers instead of wholesalers. We as consumers have the expectation that they should jump to our ever need when we want it. If anyone has worked in a factory or a larger business, they would know how the little orders cost more to fill than they can sell it for. It takes time to fill a large order in a bigger business. That's why they are a wholesaler.

I know it's irritating that we don't get our way, it's the gotta have it now way of life and the expectation of us being served when and how we want. I used to call it the Burger King way. Now it's normal.

I think we should all keep in mind that most manufacturers don't even deal with small orders and typically send them to the retailers. 

If Oak and NW don't fill the order or make a person happy, we have the opportunity to buy quality China made! LOL!  

I rarely have an issue. If I do, they fix it and then some. This whole thread started over a 2.50 charge that was added to a 2 lock purchase if I remember correctly? Most suppliers do have a minimum and all though they don't tell every customer, it's usually just business sense and most are aware of it that deal with suppliers on the average. The people that are usually caught off guard by it are the ones that are newer and don't realize it. Even AA has a charge for less than 25.00. 

I was once unfamiliar with it as well, but after thinking about it, it made sense. That's why most small purchases or the average person buy's from smaller retailers instead of wholesalers. We as consumers have the expectation that they should jump to our ever need when we want it. If anyone has worked in a factory or a larger business, they would know how the little orders cost more to fill than they can sell it for. It takes time to fill a large order in a bigger business. That's why they are a wholesaler.

I know it's irritating that we don't get our way, it's the gotta have it now way of life and the expectation of us being served when and how we want. I used to call it the Burger King way. Now it's normal.

I think we should all keep in mind that most manufacturers don't even deal with small orders and typically send them to the retailers. 

If Oak and NW don't fill the order or make a person happy, we have the opportunity to buy quality China made! LOL!  

Really? Northwestern told me that there was a $2.50 charge. When I got my order and receipt I was billed for a spare key. That's not educating the consumer! It just makes them look cheesy!

While that was irritating it wasn't really a  big deal. The reason I posted this is that I ordered 1 machine from Oak and received 2 because they thought I needed another one.

What's the big deal? They took of advantage of having my debit card number! And they overdrafted my account!

Then tell them to refund your money for the second one and pay for the return shipping.

That's all it takes, I would be irritated, but they'll fix it.

Typically, they sell them in pairs because of shipping, boxing, and so on. Their a wholesaler, but, if you order one and they take your order they should fix it.

Then tell them to refund your money for the second one and pay for the return shipping.

That's all it takes, I would be irritated, but they'll fix it.

Typically, they sell them in pairs because of shipping, boxing, and so on. Their a wholesaler, but, if you order one and they take your order they should fix it.

If that's how they do it. Then that's fine! But they need to explain it! They should have refused my order! They stated that they knew we ordered 1 machine but they ordered us 2 anyways!

They will take a machine back but what a hassle! My time is worth something! Why would anyone want to deal with a company that can't follow simple directions. Even if I sent it back I am still out $25 for an overdraft fee that I shouldn't be responsible for!

You're different than me. I would be sending them emails or calling them explaining to them what it caused. No one on this board can fix it. Not that it shouldn't be talked about or anything, but if it caused me that much pain, I would take the issue to them.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying what they did is right. I'm just putting out there how they operate from my experience. They have ALWAYS made it right and then some. But I call them and talk to them about it.

Regardless of my troubles. I think it would be of great benefit if some one more experienced would start a thread educating newbies like myself on what to expect when ordering from Northwestern, Oak, and the others. If your new and are considering ordering educate yourself first because it could save you a lot of trouble. I assumed it would be like ordering from any other company but apparently there are minimums and such. There probably not necessarily bad companies to deal with but they need to educate there new customers.

Archived