Bill acceptor not receiving power? Can anyone help?

Hi everyone! I'm a little new to this and I'm having trouble figuring out what's wrong. I have a Snack Shop 4000 machine with a Coin Co BA50B bill acceptor. The coin acceptor works perfectly but the bill acceptor won't take any bills and the red power/diagnostics light isn't on which makes me think it's not receiving power. I've attached a couple images of what I believe could be the problem. There is one broken wire but that seems to be connected to the coin acceptor and then there's a white pluggish type wire that can't reach the bill acceptor. Any help would be greatly appreciated and thank you for taking the time to read this.post-11054-0-29936500-1454356133_thumb.jpgpost-11054-0-98904200-1454356166_thumb.jpgpost-11054-0-81527700-1454356195_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the forum.  The wires shown that are broken must be repaired.  They are likely the issue and you don't want them to short out on anything.  The two pin connector in the first photo is an auxilliary connector to a vend counter that isn't needed.

Hey man thanks for the advice on those wires. My friend and I were able to repair them but then upon further investigation we found three wires leading to the circuit board that had been cut. They were green, red and white. He said they most likely deal with the power source to the circuit board. We were able to get the protective case open but it appears the circuit board is stuck in there some how. Any suggestions? post-11054-0-61287100-1454812294_thumb.jpg

There is a screw in the bottom of the circuit board box that holds a black plastic retainer that also holds the harnesses in place. Remove the screw and the retainer will come out releasing the circuit board.

The plastic retainer in the bottom of the case is held in by pieces on the opposite edge that fit into holes in the case.  This might just be easier to have me send you an exchange bill validator.  You might not be able to repair the harness due to the tiny wires.  Email me at rbepic4gatgmaildotcom.

Archived