Taking The Plunge!

CJvend

Definitely was my thought. They seem very readily available and cheap and a good start. I am picking up about 15 of those other triples that I posted on Monday. The consensus seems to be that they are also "Chinese crap" but they seem to be in very good condition and are metal, not plastic. The guy is also including keys and extra parts.

I realize northwestern, beaver, oak, etc. are the best brands, but I haven't found one person selling a group of 10+ of these machines anywhere. You find one or two here and there in sub par condition at too high of a price. Priced so high that you pay $5 more and you can just get a new one.

How many machines do you have on location KP? Just curious. And what types of machines does your route range from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

77323a75f32cff09465ff710727dcc93.jpgd822ebe78817aa3497d43b27964b7063.jpgdaa7dbfdd40ec46b0c29e7f6171a4067.jpg4534b8378146a9c299d97738102a159b.jpg1731ae2d6c2111a78ba639b7b0eab6b6.jpg

c50870612cdc43be09eec1caed7e6ec2.jpg

Found a guy selling these 6 machines for $200 on CL. He said the locks are drilled out and needs to be replaced. This looks like a good deal to me but I wanted to run it by guys on here. How easy and how much to replace all the locks? I figured at least I could buy a set of locks so they are keyed a like.

Locks are easy to find and are cheap so that's not so much of an issue. You're probably going to need to order a large number if you want them keyed alike though. I don't know about the Victor stuff or the spiral, but the other red machines are A&A pn95s, northwestern clone machine. I have one, its fine, I switched out that ugly coin mech, all the northwestern parts will fit into those if you want to switch configurations. 200 sounds alright, but if you're going to have to invest in locks and machine cleanup time I'd try to lowball.

77323a75f32cff09465ff710727dcc93.jpgd822ebe78817aa3497d43b27964b7063.jpgdaa7dbfdd40ec46b0c29e7f6171a4067.jpg4534b8378146a9c299d97738102a159b.jpg1731ae2d6c2111a78ba639b7b0eab6b6.jpg

c50870612cdc43be09eec1caed7e6ec2.jpg

Found a guy selling these 6 machines for $200 on CL. He said the locks are drilled out and needs to be replaced. This looks like a good deal to me but I wanted to run it by guys on here. How easy and how much to replace all the locks? I figured at least I could buy a set of locks so they are keyed a like.

Not a bad haul, 3 PM Elites (Northwestern lookalikes), a spiral of some sort, and 2 Victor 77's. Old, but tough and reliable machines all around- $200 is a good deal.

Locks are going to vary a bit. The PM Elites are going to be $3-ish a piece, and if they're flat locks you can drill them all in a good hour with a good bit (I like the heavy-duty "step" bits myself) and a corded drill. The top locks in the Victors will be the same. The oddballs are going to be the front locks on the Victors, which you should be able to replace with cabinet locks. Otherwise LAI and Wiczer make them I believe. The Spiral might have a specialized lock on the top, but even then worst case you can get if from LAI or Wiczer, as that's where the manufacturers get them when they're not importing them.

All in all, I'd say you're looking at about $50 to replace the lot. Good luck!

Thanks! I thought it was a good find but I wanted to check, still figuring out what is a good deal and what isn't. He said price negotiable so I think he just wants to get rid of them. Hopefully I can take them off him for cheap.

Just picked up 17 of those triple heads today that I posted earlier. Got therm for $750 and he threw in a bunch of extra wheels. They are all keyed alike which is nice too. Working on getting them cleaned up and would like to get them on location asap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Definitely some older equipment, but there is a reason it's still around. Those triples will fulfill their purpose for you as well.

I started with a route of 1-800-vending triples myself, and they're holding up just fine and performing as well as I'd hoped so far. I know some say singles are the way to go, but for me personally the triples (and even most of my u-turns) are what's working for me. That's one of the best parts about bulk vending, the freedom to find what works for you and make your own decisions.

That's what I encountered as well when I was looking into buying single heads. I came across an awesome deal for 25 stands at $7 each, so I'm covered for the time being. Unfortunately deals like that are not that easy to find, just gotta keep searching and use what's available to you in the meantime.

Are you planning on locating yourself or hiring someone?

Both. I am going to order 10 locations from Rodney at locations4u to break the ice and try to locate 5 myself. I'll see how I like locating and hopefully continue doing it on my own.

Nice. I'll probably be using him soon as well for some of my spare machines I've been getting cleaned up. I've got some honor boxes that I'm planning on putting out as well, so hopefully I'll be busy counting all my quarters soon.

WOW 7 dollars a stand is mighty cheap. We don't even get those prices when buying them by the pallet. Very good find.

That's what I encountered as well when I was looking into buying single heads. I came across an awesome deal for 25 stands at $7 each, so I'm covered for the time being. Unfortunately deals like that are not that easy to find, just gotta keep searching and use what's available to you in the meantime.

Are you planning on locating yourself or hiring someone?

Yes we do. I only put out new equipment. You should see some of the ugly golpher my competition uses. Its unreal. Homemade racks and a bunch of poor crap.

When I was the only one locating I used to see it everyday. I have even seen some two by four racks. Who does that?

You purchase stands by the pallet??? Your operation must be huge! Do you run racks also?

Pallet of stands is not a big deal. And it's the only way you should order even if you do not use right away.

At AA 10 singles gets you in at 100 weight service and starting at 20 on a pallet. The way stands ship odd size and weight it gets pricy quick doing a couple at a time.

Man, I know the Vendstars aren't great quality, but theres someone on CL selling 40 for $400. He says "most of them were never used" seems like its deals like this you can't pass up. 

Vendstars are what they are.......a cheap alternative. I still have alot of Vendstars out on route today because they are fine for where they are located. I acquired all of them when purchasing existing routes and just didn't replace them unless it was necessary to do so. Overall they have been pretty reliable and I have made alot of money with them over the years, The coin mechs have not given me much trouble (some people seem to have had alot of trouble them) and the candy chute doors will all eventually come off. The lid is extremely easy to break into as well. Vendstars are a good machine to use when aesthetics are not an issue because they are not an attractive machine. I have them in break rooms, manufacturing locations, and basically dumpy locations. These days I would never buy them (prefer Oak, NW, Eagle) but for someone who is new to the business, not sure if this is going to be a long term endeavor and is on a tight budget it is a viable alternative. If you can get some of them placed you'll make that money back in no time. You apparently have done your research on here so you know what you are getting into. $400.00 is a pretty cheap investment for 40 vending machines and if the whole thing goes south then you can try to sell them or just throw them in a dumpster.

Yes I have learned a lot from these boards. Lots of good advice. I am refurbishing 15 triple heads right now. Don't know the brand. Soon as I get those out on location I will look for my next set of them to pick up.

2e0bf15cee4d007d711e5248d25a5e3d.jpg9c347340ad51719d07823f24024b77f3.jpg922179948e6eaab8c5bdf42cd40d96c6.jpg

Picked up 17 of these for $750. They def need more work than expected but seem like decent machines so I'm happy with the deal. Stripped em all down and cleaned. Painted them and they are coming back together looking good as new.

Archived