Changing Product At Two Existing Locations With Competitors

BaneTrain

So today I changed out how much and the type of product at two of my locations. These are my only locations with competitors and needless to say, sales have been mehhh. At my first stop the guy is vending sweettarts and nerd gumballs which I talked about here http://vendiscuss.net/index.php?/topic/24976-new-location-question/ . He was vending 2 nerd gumballs for 25 cents so I put in a 2 for 25 wheel as well. Sales for a total of 43 days, $3.00. My other location is at city hall which has two other sets of machines. There I was vending one gumball for 25 cents and skittles. Instead of gumballs I put in Peanut M&M's like Musser told me and left the skittles. The other products vended there are gumballs, sweettarts and chiclets. The total sales was $2.00 for 2 weeks. Here is the previous thread for it http://vendiscuss.net/index.php?/topic/25057-city-halllocal-government-location/ .

My question is, should I wait and see how it does with these changes or should I have said screw it and pulled them. By far these are my two worst locations and I happen to have competitors there. 

Thanks Musser and sorry to burst your bubble but I've been here 9 months and I am definitely not "Trolling".  I was asking since it was suggested to change some things such as product or how much I vended. 

I would never pull a new location that early. Two months is not long enough to ascertain if a location is viable or not. I would try some different set ups and give it six months at least. All it takes is one employee who really likes what you are vending to drive sales. I have lots of accounts that are driven by a single customer ($15 to $30 per month) and sometimes it took a few change ups in product to get it right. As I mentioned to you before, I would never pull a machine off route unless I was moving it directly to another location. Better that it is on location making a couple of bucks then in storage making zero.

And yet the troll speaks the truth. When you only have a few machines you really need to maximize their income. You won't grow if you don't. When you have a lot of machines you are buying equipment and product at much reduced cost and have an effieceint service process. At that point you can keep some very slow locations and still make good money.

I never thought this post would turn into this but you're very right musser and Lil Petey is right too lol. I am definitely not afraid to pull a location, that's why I have a list of 5 or 6 that are no more. The whole point of this post to see if I should give them one last shot since I made some changes. I think I may pull the one with 2 for 25 gumballs, I am just giving away more product and pull the one where I put in PMM's as it's only been there a month so far.

And yet the troll speaks the truth. When you only have a few machines you really need to maximize their income. You won't grow if you don't. When you have a lot of machines you are buying equipment and product at much reduced cost and have an effieceint service process. At that point you can keep some very slow locations and still make good money.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree. In order to maximize income you need to be open to trying multiple products and unfortunately that can't be done effectively in 2 months. Not every location is going to be a home run with your first set up so pulling the machine without trying a few different items maybe throwing away a great opportunity. Now if a location has really poor traffic and 3 employees you shouldn't be there in the first place but a city hall location is worthy of a couple of different product tests. This also can give a new guy the opportunity put together a game plan for the future when he runs into different competitor set ups down the road.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree. In order to maximize income you need to be open to trying multiple products and unfortunately that can't be done effectively in 2 months. Not every location is going to be a home run with your first set up so pulling the machine without trying a few different items maybe throwing away a great opportunity. Now if a location has really poor traffic and 3 employees you shouldn't be there in the first place but a city hall location is worthy of a couple of different product tests. This also can give a new guy the opportunity put together a game plan for the future when he runs into different competitor set ups down the road.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree Teddy BROsevelt

Archived