Is the Pink Ribbon (Candy For A Cause) program good or bad?

BradMillner46

I've received several emails over the past week from people asking me if the Pink Ribbon (Candy for a Cause through Sheridan Systems) program is good or bad so I figured it would be very pertinent for me to make this post.

The Pink Ribbon program is an excellent way to make a lot of money, in about the easiest way possible for anyone to do.

However, in my opinion and experience with doing charity vending for many years, the Pink Ribbon program was not set up for the best interest of the vendors business in mind, especially when it comes to business sustainability. The Pink Ribbon Program has been plastered all over the internet as an excellent way for people to make a lot of money. Even if Sheridan Systems deleted this info from their website, it wouldn't matter because it's still on plenty of other places on the internet and so effectively the cat has been let out of the bag.

When many, many people in society see your Pink Ribbon boxes and see you (perhaps with your Susan G. Koman t-shirts on) servicing your boxes, they expect you to be doing all this for free. The bottom line is that you are providing a product of value (not taking a hand out), you are doing all the work, putting all the wear and tear on your car and taking all the risk with running a business. You deserve to make money with this. Unfortunately though,  many people in society don't see it the same way and when they see it posted on the internet as a way to make good money, you can make bet they will tell other people about it. This results in 2 things: Kick-outs and higher theft rates (which usually results in lost accounts.)

To compound problems, many who are non-charity vendors will go around where your boxes are located and expose this information to the managers/business owners so they can get your box kicked out and have it replaced with their vending machines. There are in fact many vendors in this very section who brag about doing this and you can look back and see what they've written.

I call all of this the cascading effect because that's what happens with your business with this. Every person on here who has been doing this for a while has experienced the cascading effect and while relocating new accounts is always part of every vending business, there will be an acceleration of this with the Pink Ribbon Program. This means that you have to drive further and further away from home in which to service your business which will means an increasing loss of revenue with an increasing amount of work you have to put into running this business.

The bottom line with the Pink Ribbon Program is that it will make you a lot of money very quickly but over time it will become progressively worse and worse. In my professional opinion and with respect to whomever it was who created this program, I really don't think they had the experience and understanding about this from the perspective of the vendor. There is a lot that goes into this that involves psychology and marketing and it has everything to do with how the program is portrayed to the general public including the design of the box itself (which is another thing that I think is sub-par with the Pink Ribbon program.)

There is a much better way of designing a charity honor box vending program that puts all of the most critical aspects of this together in the best way possible for the vendor that still allows for maintaining personal integrity and all of this must be considered. I will be introducing this new program on here hopefully within the next few weeks and anyone who is interested is free to email me about it.

Hello Rex,

Thanks for your inquiry regarding who our charity will be with. To answer your question, my company will never disclose who the charity is with on a forum like this (where one of the purposes is to discuss how to make lots of money) in order to protect our vendors from the cascading effect. That being said, when you sign up for our program and after you have signed our non-disclosure agreement, you will know who the registered, non-profit organization is that you will be doing this on behalf of.

Our intention is to benefit the charity vendors of our program as much as possible and no other charity vending program does this.

• 1 year later...

The evaluation of the program is boxes in general. He is trying to put focus on that one because it's most popular. I believe he was just trying to get people in his program, grey them under contract so they Couldn't tell anyone else about it. That way someone can't duplicate the process.

The saturation of the market is what I was referring to....I remember when I bought the first set of boxes I was told there were none in my local zipcodes which was inaccurate....they have plastered craigslist with the advertising which makes it harder on the venders which was one of his points.

Yep, you're correct, but it's another company I believe that has authorized ability tho sell them. I just get all my zip codes in the zip agreement. I even planned ahead.

That being said, most people don't get the zip agreement and they put them wherever they like. That's where there's crossover.

Bulk vending and Honor boxes both have the same issue. Lots of crossover. 

I was referring to the other guys program, first, his program is no different. A box is a box. I use Sheridan boxes because they stand out and it's breast cancer.

Archived