Deleted Posts

The Mage

I have recently deleted some posts. This isn't the first time, nor is it the last. 

Some people are confused as to why. Well that is the job of a moderator, and it's not fun. I'm not a big fan of censorship, so it is actually hard for me to decide to delete anything.

We need to keep the forum readable, and helpful to people. Sure we can have fun, and I understand blowing off steam, but we also need to keep the forum readable, and helpful.

I understand people don't like it when their posts are deleted, but should I let everything go through? Has anyone seen an un-moderated forum where anything goes? The only thing on those forums is spam. I ban multiple users, and their IP addresses every week, before their posts go live. (Usually.) How many of us wanted to see the advertisements for the garage door repairman in Illinois? Two attempts to join and post on the forum. And under the same IP, a staffing service overseas. (Indonesia? I can't remember.) 

When I bought this forum, the one thing that weighed on my mind was if I was ready to moderate it. I almost didn't negotiate, and many times almost quit discussing buying it, or pulled out for that reason. But somebody has to keep the peace, and decide what is allowed, and what goes where. I knew the second I took over, I would become "The Man", and people would start seeing me differently. That is the way it always is with anyone who enforces any rules. 

Well have fun, and if you want to attack me for it, blast away.

Archived