Looking for 30 used pipe stands.

BCB434

Is anyone wanting to sell some of their pipe stands? looking for up to 30 of them.

I have found them for about $40 free shipping From quill.com but I'm not too fond of it being only 20" tall and heard they have downsized the size of the base too. 

A and A global has a stand with 18" chrome octagon base for about the same price if you order 30 of them at a time they come out to around 40 $ a piece as well including shipping.  

Craigslist doesn't seem to have anything in my area, and I don't want to make my own obviously for liability reasons.

There is a reasonable nice looking stand from Zenjet model number ZJ818B It's straight from China  $14 EXW but with a minimum order of 100.  However I'm not 100% sure they are compatible nor do I know anything about importing and shipping cost and customs clearance from China.  I rather buy local due to quality (and would hate to have 100 of them if they are crappy) but as I have read in this forum before "it is pretty hard to mess up a pipe stand". 

Here is a link to the one in China http://www.zenjet.com.cn/productgrouplist-50109458/VENDING_MACHINE_STAND.html

double brackets are already on the way, and the stands are going to be set up to hold two Oak Acorn Imperial Classics.  

Location is in San Antonio, Texas 

So if you have any for sell please send me send me a quote to BCB434@netscape.net

post-11368-0-45309300-1457569269_thumb.jpg

yea they have great prices but seems like they don't even take part in the shipping at all unless you order a full container.  

Does anyone recommend or not recommend the Octagon stand with chrome base from A&A?
http://www.aaglobal.com/bulk-vending/accessories-equipment/racks-stands/2013/OCT-octagon-30-inch-stand.htm

It has bolt on bracket and maybe the base bolts on too, not sure if there is any pros or cons to the bracket bolting on as opposed to the threaded flange?

33$ plus shipping seems to be the best I can find new, unless anyone wants to sell me some used ones? 

yea they have great prices but seems like they don't even take part in the shipping at all unless you order a full container.

Does anyone recommend or not recommend the Octagon stand with chrome base from A&A?

http://www.aaglobal.com/bulk-vending/accessories-equipment/racks-stands/2013/OCT-octagon-30-inch-stand.htm

It has bolt on bracket and maybe the base bolts on too, not sure if there is any pros or cons to the bracket bolting on as opposed to the threaded flange?

33$ plus shipping seems to be the best I can find new, unless anyone wants to sell me some used ones?

Good stands but only in CA location

No chrome, unless you really have an affection for rust. A&A used to have regular pipe stands available in a powder coat " silver vein" that were very durable. Don't know if they still have them though.

We have plenty but they all need refurbishing  I could send you pictures, $10 each, also have mounting plates for 1,2 or 3 machines.  We are in Southern California.  The bases are all cast iron and weigh about 18-20 pounds each, shipping could be expensive. Feel free to message me if you're interested!

No chrome, unless you really have an affection for rust. A&A used to have regular pipe stands available in a powder coat " silver vein" that were very durable. Don't know if they still have them though.

AA only has that chrome now They are really down sizing. And your right about the rust

Anybody ever ordered stands from Bluebar
http://www.bluebarvending.com/racksparts.htm

20$ for a stand

I sent them a request today for some shipping prices  but we shall see how long it takes to get a quote together.

Does anyone know the dimensions of the stands and the weight of the stand that they sell?

Any ideas on how the volume discounts and how much you have to order before you get a good break on shipping?

• 2 weeks later...

Bluebarvending.com  pipe stand only has 12 inch base and was out of stock, Shipping quote made them come out to about 35 a piece if you order at least 25 but a very questionable operation to say the least .  My emails were 1st forwarded to Ford who gave a price quote on completely different stands, and took about 3 phone calls to reach anybody from bluebarvending who asked me if I tried ebay. Not to mention calling the stand on back order would be an understatement.

Not the best stand anyway for $35 each after bulk shipping discount, considering the 12 inch base.

So far,  my other options are

some used stands for $10 each (have surface rust so they would need work) plus about 25$ shipping for each one. Total $35 each
AA global for the octagon stands $32.00 each but if I order enough of them there would be a discount on shipping.  Total $40 each

AA global for black traditional pipe stand w/ bulk discount 36$ each plus bulk shipping discount. Total 45$ each

Quill stand. Dimensions of base unknown, free shipping.   Total 40$

Quill stand has 20.5 inch height which seems kind of short. but then it has 20"depth and 16"width listed in the description...  seems like kind of odd dimensions for a circle.
Previously in this forum somebody mentioned that diameter of the base is 12 ". Is that still accurate?  Also in there description it says 46 pounds? Also seems inaccurate. 

Any recent updates on the Quill.com stand would be nice.

Octagon stand seems to be a solid contender, and may just have to refinish them later on. Angle grinder and spray paint should take care of any rust issues, if I even have any in San Antonio. 

Keep checking CL, I just picked up about 17 pipe stands, 20 or so NW 60's 4 or 5 NW 80's and some other goodies for $200, also in the same week picked up 4 NW 60's with 3 pipe stands for $25. 

No matter how rusted they are, just wash them down and sand the loose rust off and paint them with hammered black spray paint, they look pretty much brand new for about 15 minutes of work per stand. 

• 2 weeks later...

ordered one stand from Quill just to see check it out.

Threading seemed good and tight
base was just shy of 15" in diameter
Iron pipe was just shy of 24"
flange and two mounting bolts included
total height around 26" 

Weight was listed at 46 lbs but also incorrect. Haven't measured that yet though.

None of those dimensions are correctly posted on their website and even when I emailed them and asked them what the dimensions are they gave me different answers than what they had posted and also different than what I received. 

Hope the dimensions above help someone out. Not sure how often they change styles or how good quality control is.

Also 40$ free shipping (clever marketing).  They currently charge 5$ handling on anything less than 45$ so plan accordingly.

shipping on used stands defeats the purpose, seems like the only other better deals are either making your own, or finding local which doesn't seem to happen to often.

• 2 weeks later...

Be careful with the imports.  Many aren't tapered thread or standards used here.  I visited a warehouse from a guy that imported a container.  Many of the threads on the pipes were different than threads on the bases.  Imagine the nightmare of testing every single one and trying to get a refund.....

• 5 weeks later...

Don't know if anyone shared this information yet or not, but for everyone's info the pipe stand at quill that was $39.99 went up to $56.99.

Does that make the NW tempo stand the best deal unless you can find a better deal used? 

Archived