Wanted to get feedback on a vending invention idea before I put time into it.

Silver

Hi, I create robots and had an idea for bulk which I want feedback on whether or not it's useful.

I wanted to create a bulk machine that works like a soda machine that can dispense 20+ types of candy.

Could be refrigerated so the candy does not get stale in a hot location, smaller footprint than those vending kiosks, could give discounts for larger purchases of candy.

I've been doing some research on this website, and it seems like after you put more than 6 heads on your vending machine, you're wasting money. I've also noticed that novelty is a good selling feature. Would having a "candy store in a box" have the novelty factor that would push more sales?

The obvious disadvantage to this would be the required wall outlet, and maintenance on a electromechanical machine.

The obvious advantage would be getting your foot in the door in high traffic locations with something unique that has a lower footprint than a vending kiosk.

There were a couple units that did something like this, but they were all Biz-Op fiascos that didn't last long. I'm sure there are a few out there, but not many. If such a unit could be made that was both compact, well-made, and affordable you'd have a winner, but getting it within those parameters wouldn't be easy.

Now, if you could find an affordable way to make capsule machines take dollar bills, I think you would have some very interested parties.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived