Are there many flat vend folks out there?

tevans62

Just trying to see what other folks are doing with flat vending that is working well. I just bought a 4 column machine and I'm anxious to get it out there making some money.

Stickers or tattoos? Either work better than the other?

Just got into the flat vending business myself!  I purchased two black 6 columns and 2 Northwestern Super 80 Series.  Will have them in a location next week!  I am thinking that you might want to go with things that are popular at the time.  I was thinking sports stickers and tattoos are always good.  Those will never go out of style.  Or maybe try something like Zombie stickers or tattoos or even Walking Dead if you can find those!  Good luck!

In today's market 4 columns are usually a mistake.

If you're buying them new then I agree with this statement. I can usually find more good deals on used 4 column machines. I got a really good deal on some 4 column sticker machines so I bought those although I would have preferred 2 column machines because they are more flexible.

For me the good thing about 4 column machines is that it gets one more 2" machine off my rack, I would rather sell flat than 2".

In today's market 4 columns are usually a mistake. Flat still sells but it is much slower than it once was, not many really good items to sell either

Ok and thanks for your input. Just trying to get a feel for what sells around the US.

I LOVE me some flat!

NFL helmet stickers from A & A sell well for us, even in the off season. VSI has many good staple products.

I thought about the NFL helmets as Pittsburgh is big football country. Wish they had smaller boxes to start with, so we could get more options to go with and be left with a lot of leftovers.

Just got into the flat vending business myself!  I purchased two black 6 columns and 2 Northwestern Super 80 Series.  Will have them in a location next week!  I am thinking that you might want to go with things that are popular at the time.  I was thinking sports stickers and tattoos are always good.  Those will never go out of style.  Or maybe try something like Zombie stickers or tattoos or even Walking Dead if you can find those!  Good luck!

Yeah, it seems like sports stickers and tattoos should do well around here. I've seen a few machines around with different NFL stickers, so thought they must do well.

DC COMIC STICKERS FROM AA HAVE BEEN FLYING OUT IF MY MACHINES. Try them

Thought about the DC stuff too. I know the movies are always popular and that should be my clue to success.

If you're buying them new then I agree with this statement. I can usually find more good deals on used 4 column machines. I got a really good deal on some 4 column sticker machines so I bought those although I would have preferred 2 column machines because they are more flexible.

For me the good thing about 4 column machines is that it gets one more 2" machine off my rack, I would rather sell flat than 2".

Yeah, I got mine used at a "can't pass this one up" price. Just trying to figure out what sells best.

Well I'm glad to see there are a few other folks out there doing the flat vend thing too. I'm always asking questions, so I hope you folks don't get annoyed with my inquiries. I like to get as much info as possible from those in the know as to what to sell to help make retirement possible.....some day! LOL

Getting info also gets my brain running in high gear and that's when the multitude of ideas start flowing. I have one idea that I'm going to run with in my area an see how I can do for the first month. I just have to get my location search done and narrowed to what I think would have the best chance for max profits. I'll keep making updates as to the $$ amount that is brought in each week and see how it compares to others out there.

The biggest problem I had with flat was the left overs. So, while I have a lot if locations with 4 columns, a few with 6, most are just 2 columns. That way I can cut inventory, increase turns, and the left overs can sit in a column at a location that will support 4-6 columns, and there are not s lot of those.

The biggest problem I had with flat was the left overs. So, while I have a lot if locations with 4 columns, a few with 6, most are just 2 columns. That way I can cut inventory, increase turns, and the left overs can sit in a column at a location that will support 4-6 columns, and there are not s lot of those.

Check out Flatline. Best flat supplier out there period! Outside of NFL stickers during football season I buy 100% of my stickers and tattoos from Mark. Be careful with the licensed stuff. It will be strong for a while but when it dies it dies fast! I love flat & it is still strong for me. Tattoos fly out in the spring & summer and are a lot stronger year round than they used to be.

Check out Flatline. Best flat supplier out there period! Outside of NFL stickers during football season I buy 100% of my stickers and tattoos from Mark. Be careful with the licensed stuff. It will be strong for a while but when it dies it dies fast! I love flat & it is still strong for me. Tattoos fly out in the spring & summer and are a lot stronger year round than they used to be.

Yeah, I was checking out their stuff.

How much are you guys vending stickers & tats for?

I was planning on .50 for either.....is that normal?

Does everyone usually end up with left overs? Do all the retailers sell them in boxes of 300, as that's what I've been seeing? How many do you end up with on average?

$.50 price point on flat. Flatline has a nice mystery mix display that you can mix all your leftovers into and get rid of. I have 100s of machines that I rotate my flat through so whatever I have left I blow out in a $.25 mystery mix.

$.50 price point on flat. Flatline has a nice mystery mix display that you can mix all your leftovers into and get rid of. I have 100s of machines that I rotate my flat through so whatever I have left I blow out in a $.25 mystery mix.

Sounds like a good idea for those leftovers.

Does anyone have success with trading cards? Yugioh, Pokemon, Magic the Gathering, or Movie cards, etc...

Thought these might appeal to younger folks too!

In a 4 column I would normally 2 girl related tattoo's and 2 boy related tattoo's.  But depending on location if i have a non gender specific tattoo i want to put in I'll normally do 1 less girl specific selection.  My best sellers for girls are sugar tattoo's, lower back and frozen all from VSI.  For boys its fast and fierce, dragon ink and twisted tribal all from VSI.  If your wanting to limit your quantity ordered right now you might have someone on here sell you a mix box with 75 of each selection and 4 displays.  All in all i love flat one of my best sellers.

In a 4 column I would normally 2 girl related tattoo's and 2 boy related tattoo's.  But depending on location if i have a non gender specific tattoo i want to put in I'll normally do 1 less girl specific selection.  My best sellers for girls are sugar tattoo's, lower back and frozen all from VSI.  For boys its fast and fierce, dragon ink and twisted tribal all from VSI.  If your wanting to limit your quantity ordered right now you might have someone on here sell you a mix box with 75 of each selection and 4 displays.  All in all i love flat one of my best sellers.

Great advise! Makes sense to me. Yeah, that mix box sounds good to me...just wish retailers were able to do something like this.

Great advise! Makes sense to me. Yeah, that mix box sounds good to me...just wish retailers were able to do something like this.

I would do that if you are interested. Send me a PM of what you might think you want.

If any supplier would do it, it would be Mike at flatline. But seriously doubt any of them will bother though. If you want I'll put you a box together for average price of a box, $30 plus $4 for displays and whatever actual flat rate shipping is. If interested just pm me and I'll send you some choices tomorrow.

Just curious. How much does a box of 300 usually cost? I'm finding them for about 45 to 50 a box plus shipping and handling. Where can I find better prices than that? I'm about to purchase my first order of 3000 stickers and don't want to overpay for them.

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

Just curious. How much does a box of 300 usually cost? I'm finding them for about 45 to 50 a box plus shipping and handling. Where can I find better prices than that? I'm about to purchase my first order of 3000 stickers and don't want to overpay for them.

VSI and Flatline are the 2 best in my opinion. And normal price for flat is $25-33 a box. Just curious why stickers and not tattoos?

Well I'm actually going to purchase a combination of both. But thanks for letting me know about those prices. I'm going to check them out.

If any supplier would do it, it would be Mike at flatline. But seriously doubt any of them will bother though. If you want I'll put you a box together for average price of a box, $30 plus $4 for displays and whatever actual flat rate shipping is. If interested just pm me and I'll send you some choices tomorrow.

Tried to send message, but said you can't receive new messages......in box full?

Archived