Are there many flat vend folks out there?

tevans62

OK, next question for the group. I have a 2 column Northwestern sticker machine without a stand. How would I approach setting this up without the stand? Have others just set them on a counter, mounted them to a counter/shelf? Or should I just wait till I get a stand for it?

I have it and a 4 column machine on a stand ready to go. I'm planning on doing some location scouting today. I have a few places that I think would be great places to start with. 

In today's market 4 columns are usually a mistake. Flat still sells but it is much slower than it once was, not many really good items to sell either

I have to concur with musser.  I only have the 2-column flat vending machines and selling just 2 flat products has been a struggle here.  At first, I thought that the problem was the UTC 16 series (a big dud) and that the problem would go away with the next series (and maybe so - just put it out).  But last fall the NFL flat vending volume was really off - something that has never happened before.  So maybe there is a falling trend here in flat vending.  Just wondering if more people are simply going on-line to buy tattoos and NFL stickers?  Not sure, but I have no plans to buy any more flat vending machines.  Of course some regions may do better than others, IMHO.

I'm still hoping to do well with these machines. I still haven't got them placed yet....still looking.....thinking of taking the 2 column Northwestern (no stand) with me to the flea market this weekend and see how it does there...

It must be a regional thing. I have many locations that fill up the coin trays in 4 and 6 column sticker machines. The smallest I will go is a 3 column on a small rack. If the location has room I prefer a 6 column if not I will use a 4 column that is set with 1 girl tattoo, 1 boy tattoo & 2 good sticker series. A 2 column would drive me crazy. There are alot of good flat series out there to limit yourself to only 2 selections. Flatline is the cream of the crop in flat vending imo!

Honestly for the last couple of years the only tattoos that sell for me have been from flatline.

I've been doing well with VSI plus NFL, but I'm always looking. What are the top Flatline products, I may want to put them next rotation.

A lot of locations are not wanting stickers. As with gum, the people don't control the kids enough, and the stuff ends up where it should not be!  

Where are you located that they aren't wanting stickers? Is this a local thing or a bit of a change around the country? I still see many sticker machines around western PA areas. Maybe I should try contacting some of those folks that own those machines to see what the deal is.... 

$25 for most from Flatline. They have the best flat. Batman vs. Superman and Disney will sell good. With left overs get a mystery mix display and keep it at .50 in your 6 column, it will sell out eventually.

Unfortunately, there seem to be more and more 'uncouth' people in Central Florida.

And that's a shame too.....folks just trying to make a living somehow and others who don't give a care about anything but themselves....

$25 for most from Flatline. They have the best flat. Batman vs. Superman and Disney will sell good. With left overs get a mystery mix display and keep it at .50 in your 6 column, it will sell out eventually.

Yeah, they seem to have a nice selection.....Mike's a cool dude too.....

Placed my first Sticker and Tattoo machine.  And realized that two of my coin mechanisms arent working.  They are just pushing forward without any money in the mech but not bringing anything back out.  Im going to take a better look at it today but any idea what t he problem could be? There is no tension in the mechanisms just loose.  I feel like I could be missing some springs.

Placed my first Sticker and Tattoo machine.  And realized that two of my coin mechanisms arent working.  They are just pushing forward without any money in the mech but not bringing anything back out.  Im going to take a better look at it today but any idea what t he problem could be? There is no tension in the mechanisms just loose.  I feel like I could be missing some springs.

Yeah, I'd take out a good one and compare it to the two bad ones and see what is missing....

Well I ended up fixing one of them. The sliding clips were out of place. Put them in place and it fixed one. But the other still has the same problem. Gonna take a close look this friday.

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

Scouted out another location today. Spoke with manager and he liked my idea. Just have to come up with a business letter for him to take to higher level. Anyone else have to do something like this?

• 2 months later...

Still working on getting my machines located. Took my 2 column to the flea market with Pokemon cards and sold a few dollars worth. Found the Pokemon cards in some old stuff that was my kids. Decided to give them a try. No too bad for a first try.

Archived