How high should i fill my candy machines?

Johnny shades

I'm still new to all of this. But what I have been doing is just putting one bag full which usually fills about 60 percent. My gumballs I fill to the top though. I am currently making candy labels that will fill about 20 percent of the top of the bin. Just to make it appear more full.

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

Lots of variables:

1)  Candy type:  Candies like Mike & Ikes or Hot Tamales will clump together and stop vending if not moving fast enough so usually less of those.

2)  Location Temperature:  if the location is too hot/cold or has direct sunlight on your machine it will cause your candy to go stale faster.

3)  Sales volume:  Use your best judgement at first with a new location, but it's safe to fill each canister about half full until you have an idea how each candy will do.  Choose candies that appeal to the age groups of people frequenting the location.

4)  Competition:  How many other machines selling candy will play a role with your sales.

5)  Machine type:  Vendstar canisters don't hold a lot of product so you can go 3/4 full at first, but globes such as 450 size or Super 60 will hold a lot, so half full should be plenty.

....the caveat that comes to mind with low levels of product is it says to potential thieves " with product levels that low, it must have a lot of quarters inside!"

after 17 years and 1050 machines, I have lost to theft (3) two head placements = 6 head total / 3  stands....in comparison I have lost (6) machines,  a 4-way and a two way to fires?  ...story gets better, one two way set was recovered because a lady said she found a machine like my wife was servicing in her yard and turned it into local Sheriffs dept, replaced two plastic globes and a door and back in business.......the other set, We suspected an owner had taken a two way set, because of the circumstances at the time, 9 years later, that business owner went bankrupt, and a close friend bought the homesite with a lake on it and  after cleaning out the lake , viola, 2 way recovered!  mine!  ..........what made this (I think) possible? I take pictures when I make the placement of all my machines, with the key in it and code visible, I further put my business label on the underside of the product chute, also with the pictures, I invite the owner to stand by it and finally I take a picture of the outside of the facility/business.,..but there is more, I go to the county website in which it is located, type in the address and find who owns the property...businesses have closed, I've had equipment (racks mostly) inside, I contact the owner of the property and never had an issue; always got my equipment back. Some other anti theft ideas, I never put a set up by an exit door, as close as I can to an employees eyeshot of it, I also use 1/4-20 eyebolts, on the bottom up thru the 2 way and put a nylon lock nut on the machine base side if I feel a great chance of theft and secure it to competitors (no problems so far) or to another anchor( I tell them its to prevent a tip over) again I've been met with no resistance, subject to change I know, but it works for me. In summary, keep machines full, clean and maintained, it discourages theft and vandalism, makes you money and hopefully the location owner . Sorry for all the ramblings, hope this helps.

Archived