any feedback for this rack?

AMD Snacks

Hey all, i found this rack on craigslist from a military guy about to deploy out, so my time is sort of limited, he'll be back this weekend, and thats my window to buy and he also can't tell me much about it till he's home. Do theses machines look like northwesterns? I noticed some are bigger than others, all my northwesterns seem to be the same size, also i've never done stickers so i have no idea what they go for..how much you think it's worth? Thanks for any help. 01212_luS7cuZF6DI_600x450.jpg

The bottom machines as well as the second black machine on top are Northwestern.  The 2" capsule machines are A&A and the sticker machine is Impulse.  I would say it's worth max $400.  They're older and the mechs need to be upgraded; therefore, closer to $300.

The bottom machines as well as the second black machine on top are Northwestern.  The 2" capsule machines are A&A and the sticker machine is Impulse.  I would say it's worth max $400.  They're older and the mechs need to be upgraded; therefore, closer to $300.

Meant to ask.. What do you mean by older mechs that need to be upgraded? You mean eventually..or for some reason they wont work out on a location as is?

Meant to ask.. What do you mean by older mechs that need to be upgraded? You mean eventually..or for some reason they wont work out on a location as is?

The 1" capsules should be sold at 50 cents and 2" and 75 cents or $1.  In it's current state it's not route ready because the mechs are set-up for 1" at 25 cents and 2" at 50 cents.

• 2 weeks later...

How about this rack? What brand is this and how much would they be worth in the current condition. No keys. 84817ca43d070004ef17ca064e19e213.jpg

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

Not much, especially without keys. You're looking at a LONG time drilling- the Big Oaks on top have 2 locks each, and they do NOT go down without a fight- I know this from experience. The Vistas on the bottom have the small globes, which don't look to be in terrible shape, but not great either. Pretty much all your mechs, and most of your wheels will need replacing, as well as a lot of cleanup and paint... not to mention a new front plate for the one Big Oak. Unless you're absolutely desperate, I would pass.

If you've got an itch to refurbish, and money burning a hole in your pocket to stick a couple hundred in fresh mechs in these things, I'd offer the guy $200 cash for both, take it or leave it.

Not much, especially without keys. You're looking at a LONG time drilling- the Big Oaks on top have 2 locks each, and they do NOT go down without a fight- I know this from experience. The Vistas on the bottom have the small globes, which don't look to be in terrible shape, but not great either. Pretty much all your mechs, and most of your wheels will need replacing, as well as a lot of cleanup and paint... not to mention a new front plate for the one Big Oak. Unless you're absolutely desperate, I would pass.

If you've got an itch to refurbish, and money burning a hole in your pocket to stick a couple hundred in fresh mechs in these things, I'd offer the guy $200 cash for both, take it or leave it.

Thanks for the detailed response. I'm really happy you said 200 for both because that's exactly what I was going to offer. So I'm glad to see that I'm learning something. The asking price is 300 for both. I do enjoy refurbishing, that's all I have done so far. I haven't been fortunate enough to find anything used that doesn't need a lot of work. And brand new is currently out of the question due to price. :-/

Agreed, Oak 300's are on the bottom.  The Big Oaks on top and the 300 series size have been phased out by most commercial operators.  I had a few hundred of them for sale and it took me almost 5 years to get $15 each out of them.

My personal advice is to not get all shook up about 50c on bottom and 75c-$ on top if you can't afford it right out of the gate.  There is still $ to be made.  Use your extra money to buy more machines and get your volume going.

Where are you located?  I have a ton of NW to get you going if we are close.

Thanks for the detailed response. I'm really happy you said 200 for both because that's exactly what I was going to offer. So I'm glad to see that I'm learning something. The asking price is 300 for both. I do enjoy refurbishing, that's all I have done so far. I haven't been fortunate enough to find anything used that doesn't need a lot of work. And brand new is currently out of the question due to price. :-/

What sort of gear are you looking for?

Agreed, Oak 300's are on the bottom. The Big Oaks on top and the 300 series size have been phased out by most commercial operators. I had a few hundred of them for sale and it took me almost 5 years to get $15 each out of them.

My personal advice is to not get all shook up about 50c on bottom and 75c-$ on top if you can't afford it right out of the gate. There is still $ to be made. Use your extra money to buy more machines and get your volume going.

Where are you located? I have a ton of NW to get you going if we are close.

I'm located in Mid Michigan area. That would be great if you had some machines for sale!

What sort of gear are you looking for?

I'm so new I'm looking for anything really! I have about 30 bulk candy machines and I don't think I want anymore of those.

Archived